?
  1. i will still get the game but digitaly.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. i will still get the cartrige release.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. i wont get the game on switch after hearing this even tough i wanted it.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. i wouldnt get the game on switch either way.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. pedro702

OP pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    The Nintendo store now states that "a microSD card (sold separately) may be required to download this software. Upon release, at least 23 GB of free space will be required".

if you get the cartridge you will only need to download 9 gb since the cart itself owns 13.7gb of the game.

I'm a physical copy collector and every time i see a game i cant play in 20 years because of lost servers i don't even bother getting it, i was waiting eager for this game but after hearing this i will get the ps4 version since it doesn't need servers to play the game.

what are you toughs on this?

Yet again developers refuse to use the 32gb carts because they say costs are higher even tough the game would fit perfectly on the 32gb cartridges nintendo already has, btw i don't see a point on nintendo making any 64gb cartridges since no developer ever payed for the 32gb one with the exception of dragon quest heroes 1+2 in japan who would pay for 64gb cartridges? Unless gamefreak goes crazy with pokemon models and world i dont see any switch game ever needing 64 gb tbh.

IMO there is a solution to this issue that developers are missing out on, lets say the developers cant afford the 32gb costs for retail releases that is fine for me but they could do this imo:

-release the game digitaly on e shop for normal price
    -Then releasing limited deluxe/collector/whatever name you want physical editions of said games that would use the 32gb cartridges add afew goodies
    that were more expensive than a normal release.

For instance on Europe a full retail release switch game is 60 euros they could make this limited physical editions cost 70 or more depending on the goodies it had inside, for me this would be the best way for developers not having to take the costs themselves, and people wouldn't get incomplete games.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    They dont want to pay the cart fee because they are little tiny babies. ill just wait till its $5 then buy the physical copy. to combat the servers going down to download the rest of the game, it say make copies of your sd cards. they if it gets corrupt its backed up. wont help if the switch dies but its something. Don't pay full price for their not full game on cart shit....

3. pedro702

OP pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    yeah if nintendo allowed you use the sd card on other switches but it doesn't so backing up the update data is worthless since like you said, the switch dies the backed up sd card is as worthless since it doesn't work on other switches.

4. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

United States
    I would totally support third party games on switch if it werent for this exact practice... I still cant believe that there are people out there who praise this kind of practice on switch...

Is it because you are seeing games never seen on nintendo platforms? I mean, i get it, and you are right on that, but the practice of leaving half of the game on the cartridge and then making you to download the rest is just insane...

Glyptofane likes this.
  5. souler92

souler92 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    i was really stoked wlfstein coming to switch, but because of the delay and now this... i wont be getting it... sigh :(

6. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Regardless of the cartridge issue I'll get it digitally. :creep:

7. pedro702

OP pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    i'm fine with delays but releasing a physical game that needs digital to be complete just defeats the entire propose of having a physical copy, i even bough the wolfenstein new order double pack on ps4 because it had both new order and old blood on 2 different ps4 discs to get ready for wolfenstein II and seeing this just killed it for me, i will get the ps4 version eventually.

Same deal with la noir, i will get the ps4 eventually really, i won't bother with half game physical editions.

8. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    I'm gonna get the game physically whenever it gets cheaper. I don't like how you have to download some of the game but it's not a deal breaker to me.

9. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I prefer cartridge to avoid the increase the space! And I love the artbox so I prefer Cartridge instead.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  10. kikongokiller

kikongokiller Dust2#9629

Australia
    I buy physical copies precisely so I don't have to deal with long download speeds, but I guess that's not an option anymore.

13_Switch_Hacker_37 likes this.
  11. Lukerz

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

United States
    I still don't get why this triggers so many people. The heck it the problem!?

12. pedro702

OP pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    that huge banner saying download require just makes the entire artbox look like trash really.

without internet you cant play the game lol and when e shop closes down like the wii one did basicaly if you buy this game used you wont be able to play it on the future.

xy-maps likes this.
  13. Lukerz

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

United States
    But can't you play it after the download is down away from wifi?

14. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

United States
    Between old ass ports, delays for new games, and this shit, third party support for Switch is becoming more like sabotage.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  15. whateverg1012

whateverg1012 Fringe Weaver

United States
    Huge reason I get physical is cause of how unacceptably tiny the free space on the Switch is, what were they thinking just making it 32 gb.

16. pedro702

OP pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    yea but like i said if you don't have internet available and have the cartridge alone you cant play it and in 20 years or less once they shutdown the shop every used cartridge of this will be just junk since it will be unplayable, all because devs don't want to use 32gb cartridges.

whateverg1012 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Wolfenstein, download, physical