'Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty' gets launch trailer and new demo

wo long.jpg

A new demo for developer Team Ninja's upcoming action RPG title Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is now available through March 27th. This final demo features two early stages of the game as well as online multiplayer. To accompany the launch, the game's launch trailer was aired:

Get a glimpse of the dark Three Kingdoms infested with demons, but from the depths of darkness, a dragon soars. Will you be the dragon that soars or the one facing it?

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty launches on March 3rd for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS4, PS5 and PC.

:arrow: SOURCE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bravo on providing a demo, will have to give that a go soon. The Nioh games come the closest to scratching that Soulslike itch while still putting their own unique spin on things, so I'm guessing this will turn out pretty good too.

Reactions: Kioku

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
some essential advice from having played the first demo and the final game for a while already:
learn. to. counter.
thats THE most important technique in the game. if you dont grasp it, youre gonna have a real hard time

Reactions: Xzi

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. "I'd have not given this game the time of day, but since it's on game pass it looks amazing!" lol
Nah, it's more that it looks like a decent game, but not something I could justify spending £60 on right now. I'm excited to have an avenue to play it, where otherwise it'd probably be sat on my wishlist for a sale. I think that's the best way of describing it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Every game these days look mid tho..
Most games kind of are mid these days. Too many are generic games that follow the same formula. It’s actually really disappointing when I start up a game and it’s a slow crawl hallway where you just listen to characters who never shut the fuck up. The second I see that, I know it’s going to be another mid experience. I miss games that weren’t generic open world games :/
It’s made worst by all of them having the same kind overhype trailers with very little gameplay in them.

Reactions: Kioku

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
After playing the demo, it seems like it could use some more time in the oven to iron out (severe) performance issues and add some polish. It's not terrible, it just doesn't quite live up to all the other Samurai-themed games out there, Nioh 2 included.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game is amazing. It's honestly remarkable it's made by the same people who made one of the worst action RPGs to ever exist, Nioh 2. Nioh 2 was such a mediocre experience I honestly was impressed. From a pointlessly bloated combat stance system, horribly balanced weapons, absurdly spongey enemies...I could go on forever.
Nioh's idea of challenge was putting you up against normal enemies that could easily take 10+ hits from a gigantic two handed weapon. The only challenge is not smashing alt+F4.

Wo Long is much more about moment-to-moment combat. Enemies die quick, but so do you. You can go from max spirit to stunned and having a battle axe shoved up your ass in a few seconds. You can easily make stat, magic and equipment builds and hot swap them at bonfires, actually letting you fucking try things. Seriously FromSoft take note of this shit i'm tired of dragging my ass to an NPC and paying a rare item to reset stats.

Morale is an interesting system. It's not devastating to lose but you still actively try to avoid doing so. I also honestly enjoy avenging people. I avenged Fextralife the other day...that was pretty hilarious.

It ain't perfect, I still prefer From Soft style equipment and open world level design but overall it's a very fun game.

It feels like if Sekiro and Nioh merged and became actually good. Dodging and blocking suck, it's all about them parries/deflects. And fuck is it satisfying to chain deflects and break an enemy. Sekiro proved centering combat only around parrying is slow and boring as fuck, Wo Long proved it's possible to actually make it fun.

Reactions: DS1 and Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one