With USB Loader GX now idle (dead)........

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by bodean, Sep 25, 2010.

Sep 25, 2010
  1. bodean
    OP

Newcomer bodean Advanced Member

United States
    I use USB Loader GX with my external HD on my wii. I've noticed it has not been updated in a long time. Are most people on here still using this? Or what is the next best thing to replace it with?
    Also, is there a guide to going from USB Loader GX to a newer/more updated loader? Not sure the steps involved. Thanks

2. w!!

Member w!! GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wiiflow, CFG loader and Uloader are good alternatives. Nothing to learn in migration... Just install the new loader and go. Read their respective threads/websites if you can't figure out where the options are... but they are all laid out pretty well.

3. bodean
    OP

United States
    Looks like ULoader is no longer available? (according to the thread on here)

4. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    try uLoader source page

HERE

5. LocoRoco

Member LocoRoco GBAtemp Fan

Australia
  6. bodean
    OP

United States
    Thanks. I will give CFG Loader a try (and see how to install it over what I have).

7. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    USB Loader GX isn't half a loader. Use configurable USB Loader.

8. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    Question to all: Where has USB Loader failed for you?

This is an honest question, so no flames or baseless opinions. Detailed examples of issues, game incompatibilities, or shortcomings would be appreciated.

-[]D

9. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    It's a compatility problem I think, because this loader can destroy the game parition, doesn't work correctly with cIOSX v18+ and cIOS222 v5+ (It also doesn't work with cIOS222 v4 for me), the config is like a bomb, one little problem and you must reinstall everything and there a only a few really stable revisions (the latest stable one is STILL r883).
    I personally don't really like the design, we have enough "classic" libwiigui based programs, but I know that the design is perfect for a lot of people here.
    The missing/bad wiinnertag support is very annoying [​IMG], but I think coming updates will fix that.
    To the configuration: it's not as good as configurable usb loader [​IMG] , and that's good, because not everyone (especially noobs) want to configure so many things and/or want to see that much from the starting process like in configurable usb loader.
    Sorry for my bad english, i'm german.

10. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Well using 921 and a FAT partition I have no issues at all.

Loads of issues are caused by people using unstable versions, trying to use revisions of iso's that it is not designed to use (so self inflicted).

Using a 1TB WD passport HD on Fat it loads all but the known problem games faultlessly. If you want issues, using two Fat partitions it will not switch between them, if one image gets corrupted then the loader will fail to load. Otherwise it is excellent, searching for games and the overall design makes it my first choice.

11. fartos32

Member fartos32 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I use USB loader GX and I think it is awesome. I changed from CFG loader to this for the much improved interface which really does look good. Only two complaints I have are

1. The already known return to Wii menu bug crashing the system

2. The Wii menu GUI in the options really doesn't look as good as the real Wii menu

Great loader I think. It runs every game I want to play just like that and looks nice at the same time. I never did try any IOS other than cIOS rev20 base 57 though so I'm not familiar with it's compatability.

12. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i dont think this will happen. this winnertag thing is just silly to me. all it is is a bunch of spam. its like a fucking banner ad at the bottom of every single post somebody makes. it looks extremely tacky. people go out of their way NOT to see crap like this ( adblock pluggin for firefox ). i cant imagine that anybody actually reads these things except the person that is designing them.

if somebody else adds it to GX, i wont take it out. but i definitely wont be the one that adds this crap in there.