Homebrew With the incredible vita scene recently what about New3ds love?

DodgyJudge

A man of weird taste it seems!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Well i mean where are all the ports of GTA for the New 3ds?Just wonder as nobody seems to be porting vice city or gta 3.
With Gta San andreas being showcase on vita i would have think someone be now would have tried gta 3 on new 3ds or even vice city but nope it is dead silence , is it the 256mb ram not enough? or is it the cpu? Well i would love to see some love going for that old shell we got n64 thanks to Masterfeizz.
There is video comparing both and showing similar performance with daedalusx64 i dont know if that prove new 3ds is capable of running those but i really would love gta 3 or vice city on new 3ds or even san andreas lol.

Reactions: Birdonwheels

DodgyJudge

A man of weird taste it seems!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
3ds had enough love over the years, specially the New model, let the poor Vita and Wii U have their time on the sun.
Im not talking about wii u or vita im talking spec wise the new 3ds have similar performance with vita as for why there is no gta port on new 3ds that my question.
Tbh i dont have a wii u anymore and i sold vita cause it dont like it , and no i will not buy those only for the sake of 3 old gta game what i was trying to mean is i would love to see the new 3ds push those games with its hardware or even making them 3D. That why i think it need love btw vita have a better scene than 3ds in terms of ports i even think openmw will appear soon on vita if that not even the case lol.

Last edited by DodgyJudge,

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Im not talking about wii u or vita im talking spec wise the new 3ds have similar performance with vita as for why there is no gta port on new 3ds that my question.
Tbh i dont have a wii u anymore and i sold vita cause it dont like it , and no i will not buy those only for the sake of 3 old gta game what i was trying to mean is i would love to see the new 3ds push those games with its hardware or even making them 3D. That why i think it need love btw vita have a better scene than 3ds in terms of ports i even think openmw will appear soon on vita if that not even the case lol.
The New 3DS is NOWHERE as nearly as powerful as the Vita. Get real.

Last edited by SnakeOil992,

FullOnRetro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source? Masterfeizz has said the opposite and given his track record I’d put more weight on his words than yours unless you have a source.
Mate when did Masterfeizz ever say this? Vita is definitely more capable then the new 3ds. Correct me if I am wrong, point it out in his server or something. But the vita is simply more powerful then the 3ds.

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Birdonwheels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually pretty common knowledge if you look into it. New 3ds has a higher CPU speed, but it means very little when the GPU is mediocre. Here's a good thread for ya if you're interested in knowing more. https://gbatemp.net/threads/video-game-head-to-head-vita-vs-3ds.557383/

Saved that link. I love how in 2021 we're still talking about this. In terms of getting a game to run on EVERYTHING, Mario 64 and GTA are the new DOOM.

On a side note, running Rayman 3D w/ NEW3DS speeds is mind blowing: goes from 30 to 60 fps!

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well the Wii U and the Vita are the ones getting those ports (Wii U only has 3, VC could most likely be possible and SA probably won't but still has a chance) which are 2 of the most forgotten consoles on the homebrew scene so just let them have this... Also Vita is way more powerful than the 3DS, don't know where you get the "Vita and 3ds are similar" i'm pretty sure you came to that conclusion because both can run MGS Snake Eater.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the Wii U and the Vita are the ones getting those ports (Wii U only has 3, VC could most likely be possible and SA probably won't but still has a chance) which are 2 of the most forgotten consoles on the homebrew scene so just let them have this... Also Vita is way more powerful than the 3DS, don't know where you get the "Vita and 3ds are similar" i'm pretty sure you came to that conclusion because both can run MGS Snake Eater.

More likely its that they've seen mentioned that the N3DS has a faster CPU clock speed and made assumptions.

MyJoyConRunsHot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the record, faster CPU speed does not equal more powerful CPU. Only the architecture of the CPU itself is what really matters.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that, like clockspeed, architecture only benefits to a point. I heard that the PowerPC in the GCN can execute more instructions per clock than the Pentium 3 in the Xbox. But the Xbox Pentium 3 is still more powerful because of the large gap in clock speed.

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that, like clockspeed, architecture only benefits to a point. I heard that the PowerPC in the GCN can execute more instructions per clock than the Pentium 3 in the Xbox. But the Xbox Pentium 3 is still more powerful because of the large gap in clock speed.
Indeed, but 8/10 times architecture is much more important in terms of power. Mind you, the more novel an architecture is, the faster the speed numbers of a CPU usually, but architecture is eventually the deciding factor in most cases. There has to be a very wide gap between the speeds of two CPUs with different architectures for the CPU with an older but faster architecture to be more powerful than the other.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
You can say what you want but if the New 3DS is basically just as fast (in CPU power) with ARMv6 vs. ARMv7 on the Vita Sony majorly crippled it. But clock and architecture is not everything. You can have the fastest arch and clock in the world but if the CPU is bottlenecked for example by the bus width or slow DRAM you will still get poor performance.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only reference point for CPU comparison is Retroarch and there I find the Vita just slightly edging out the 3DS.

So without any CPU advantage and a clear GPU disadvantage, unless you really have a great use for stereoscopy or dual screens, the Vita seems more appealing for development, especially for 3D games.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over