Hacking With all the new G6 Lite orders coming in...

hey_suburbia

Do The Lizard Bop
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States
How to:

What to do out of the box
Prepare your DS for playing .nds games
How not to corupt
etc...

Anybody up for this?

or at least compiling the info.

I'd do it, but I would just be reposting others (since I don't own a G6, just a EZ Flash III)

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why the new users can't find this information on their own like those before them. I found everything on the boards on my own, I don't see why anyone else is incapable of doing so.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
TheSpade has a nice write up at modchipman forums

http://forums.modchipman.com/viewtopic.php?t=16
Thanks for the mention.
cool.gif

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why the new users can't find this information on their own like those before them. I found everything on the boards on my own, I don't see why anyone else is incapable of doing so.

I agree, I read through about 4 or 5 different websites, scouring their message boards for information before posting a single request for the information that I couldn't find, I guess people are just too lazy to research things for themselves.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing really wrong with putting up a guide in one place to explain every step and answering all known questions. It just takes one person willing to write and maintain it and a website to host it. Mind you, yes, an average person can indeed locate all of this information from various sources on their own. Regardless, the one who started this thread asked specifically, if anyone was up to this? I am.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
How to:

What to do out of the box
Prepare your DS for playing .nds games
How not to corupt
etc...

Anybody up for this?

or at least compiling the info.

I'd do it, but I would just be reposting others (since I don't own a G6, just a EZ Flash III)

I'll be working on creating a G6 Lite How To Guide/FAQ for GBAtemp in my spare time, it's on my to do list however I'm rather busy with Uni at the moment. But I'll eventually get it done
wink.gif
It's coming, along with a full review of the final English G6 Lite.

hey_suburbia

Do The Lizard Bop
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States

I'm not a new user, I've been on here for almost 3 years. And own and use a lot of the oldest flash carts (and the newest).

Also, I'm quite familiar with the g6lite even without owning one, I always read multple forums and gather info.

I was simply suggesting a sticky or a one stop resource, so that the same questions don't get re-hatched every week.

Some sort of WiKi would be cool, so it can be added to (but looked over by an admin).

This was just a suggestion.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm not a new user, I've been on here for almost 3 years. And own and use a lot of the oldest flash carts (and the newest).

Also, I'm quite familiar with the g6lite even without owning one, I always read multple forums and gather info.

Don't be so sensitive, he's not attacking you. Did you happen to notice how he worded his response in a way (on purpose I assume) that shows he was merely commenting that such a guide was not needed in a general sense, that people should learn to do things by themselves. Like he said, it is fairly easy to dig through the massive amount of information contained in forums such as GBAtemp and know everything in order to use the G6 Lite effectively, and yet people still start topics and posts asking for personal tutoring in the G6 Lite seemingly because they can't figure it out on their own or don't want to waste their own time searching for themselves...then they shortsightedly expect others to waste their time for the 50th time telling one person what they need to do or linking to the easy-to-"SEARCH BUTTON"-for 15 other topics on the same subject.

Not that anyone cares, but I went from not even realizing that a DS was more fun than a PSP and that it was "more than just Nintendogs" in January this year to buying a DS, learning about GBA flash cards and passkeys, buying a supercard CF + superpass since it was the cheapest solution, learning that an M3 miniSD was THAT MUCH BETTER in many ways, wishing it wouldn't cost so much to get a Japanese DS Lite imported, getting a DS Lite and M3 miniSD on June 11th, learning that a G6 Lite was THAT MUCH BETTER in many ways, waiting a month to get the true english version, and now knowing everything about how not to corrupt the G6 Lite, how to switch icons for GBA games and making it look pretty, and TEACHING MYSELF how to switch the G6 Lite cases on my own.

Not once during that time did I ask a question on any forum about any of it, it was all there waiting to be found. Woohoo for me, I know...but my point is if I can do it without asking a single goddam question, anyone can.

That said, TheSpade is a great guy for writing a guide for those of us who seem to lack the ability to find the search button. And to hey_suburbia, next time please try and make sure someone actually specifically called you a "new user" before getting so defensive.

Relic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I, for one, appreciate the distillation of a subject into a single document, faq or wiki. Why should each of us repeat the same work that others have done, searching all the various inter-related questions, parsing the multiple and often contradictory answers, investigating all the arcane details, etc. It's not that I'm lazy, just that life is far too short. I respect those who have done the legwork and take the extra step to share it with everyone. Kudos to people like TheSpade (and Opium) who contribute to the enlightenment of our community.

Anyways, with that I have a couple of additions...

I didn't find this in either the Gude or FAQ sections of TheSpade's document.
Q. What is the key combination for a soft reset?
A. L+R+A+B+X

The following are in the guide section but might be included in the FAQ.
Q. What is the key combination for the GBA save menu?
A. L+R+A+B
Q. Why doesn't the GBA save menu work?
A. Although the U-Disk Mgr. will unzip your roms, the menu only works when unzipped roms are used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: