wit tools for Wii U — suggestions

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Wiimm, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Wiimm
    OP

Wiimm Developer

Aug 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    I think about an extension (or a new branch) of my wit tools. They shall support different Wii U formats. And now I need an overview about file and archive formats.

Wii Example for understanding:
    The DVD image archive formats is supported, and also certificates and DOL.
    Different file formats (the outer container) are supported: ISO, WBFS, WDF,WIA, GCX, ..., extracted files.

And here I will collect and discuss suggestions.

EDIT:
    Same topic in german: https://forum.wii-homebrew.com/inde...-Wii-U-—-Anregungen/?postID=680984#post680984

Last edited by Wiimm, Jan 3, 2017
    Sinon, lordelan and MichiS97 like this.
  2. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Off the top of my head there's mostly WUD and CDN/installable contents which are largely the same, just an FST and either parts of the disk image (WUD) or .apps (CDN) for contents.

EDIT: https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/makefst/blob/master/fst.h might help a bit, both disks and installable contents use the same header, but disks have a sector offset or similar iirc, while CDN installable contents just specify the .app and maybe an offset inside of that for each file. I think WUD might have additional headers to describe the disk and where the FST is at.

Last edited by shinyquagsire23, Jan 3, 2017
  3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    there's also the wux format, which compressed the dummy sectors of a wud. as they are repetitive it compress pretty well, and is a lossless compression.

you could check JNUStool, wud2app and JWUDTool for ideas.