OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everyone.

Great site.. i've been following it for a while, and now i want to mod my own wii, and have decided to try the Wiinja Deluxe chip.

I have a little soldering skills, so i should be able to do it.. Well, this is not my worry, so i know i can do it.
smile.gif

anyways, i've been looking at various "guides" and what not, and many of them refer to wires called 'Kynar' wire.

I've just bought some wire which i thought would be okay for the mod. However, comparing my wire with Kynar wire i can see that my wire is 0.8mm vs. 0.25mm for the kynar.

Is my wire too thick, or will it do just fine? Maybe my deluxe chip will ship with wires and i dont have to worry?! i dont know.

And another thing. I've seen many ppl using a hot glue gun on the connections after the soldering job. Is this something i should do, or is it just overkill?

Thanx in advance,
-Zion-

-Zion-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanx for the replies

Takrin: According to this table, my 0.8mm is around 20-21 AWG, or am i reading the table wrongly??? (hxxp://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm)

i think i'll go past an electronic shop on my way home and get a smaller wire

edit: please bear with me.. sorry for all the stupidity..
wink.gif

i am now currently looking at these four wires.. could you please help me figure out which to get??

Wire 1: 0,315mm 0,08mm2
Wire 2: 0,6mm 0,28mm2
Wire 3: 0,9mm 0,57mm2
Wire 4: 1.0mm 0,79mm2

Thank you again

edit 2: browsing around the internet it seems to me that the closest i am gonna get to a 30awg wire is the Wire 1 which is somewhere between awg 28 and 29.. wire 3 seems like the one i already have..

please correct me if im wrong

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
your right, the awg is lower then 24, i really wouldnt do it then since it would make your job really hard. unless your up for a challenge just buy some new wires or cut a usb cable if you have a spare

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi