Wires for Wiinja Deluxe

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by -Zion-, Apr 16, 2007.

Apr 16, 2007

Wires for Wiinja Deluxe by -Zion- at 12:24 PM (966 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. -Zion-
    OP

Newcomer -Zion- Newbie

Denmark
    Hi everyone.

Great site.. i've been following it for a while, and now i want to mod my own wii, and have decided to try the Wiinja Deluxe chip.

I have a little soldering skills, so i should be able to do it.. Well, this is not my worry, so i know i can do it. [​IMG]

anyways, i've been looking at various "guides" and what not, and many of them refer to wires called 'Kynar' wire.

I've just bought some wire which i thought would be okay for the mod. However, comparing my wire with Kynar wire i can see that my wire is 0.8mm vs. 0.25mm for the kynar.

Is my wire too thick, or will it do just fine? Maybe my deluxe chip will ship with wires and i dont have to worry?! i dont know.

And another thing. I've seen many ppl using a hot glue gun on the connections after the soldering job. Is this something i should do, or is it just overkill?

Thanx in advance,
    -Zion-

2. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    your wire is too thick.

Hot glue is probably overkill, a simple piece of electrical tape over the spot will do just fine.

3. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thats 24 AWG, its kinda on the big side but it is doable, it would be easier if you had smaller wire though.

4. -Zion-
    OP

Newcomer -Zion- Newbie

Denmark
    thanx for the replies

Takrin: According to this table, my 0.8mm is around 20-21 AWG, or am i reading the table wrongly??? (hxxp://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm)

i think i'll go past an electronic shop on my way home and get a smaller wire

edit: please bear with me.. sorry for all the stupidity.. [​IMG]

i am now currently looking at these four wires.. could you please help me figure out which to get??

Wire 1: 0,315mm 0,08mm2
    Wire 2: 0,6mm 0,28mm2
    Wire 3: 0,9mm 0,57mm2
    Wire 4: 1.0mm 0,79mm2

Thank you again

edit 2: browsing around the internet it seems to me that the closest i am gonna get to a 30awg wire is the Wire 1 which is somewhere between awg 28 and 29.. wire 3 seems like the one i already have..

please correct me if im wrong

5. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    your right, the awg is lower then 24, i really wouldnt do it then since it would make your job really hard. unless your up for a challenge just buy some new wires or cut a usb cable if you have a spare