wirelessly download homebrew,backups,music,etc.?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by 1upm4n, Feb 22, 2009.

1. 1upm4n
    OP

1upm4n Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    "The Hub''
    everytime time i turn my back,something new for the ds (and music) comes out. i dont have a pc in my room so i would like to know if there is anyway to download stuff to my flashcart (internet,wifi,dsorganize,p2p client,etc.).

2. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    You can use Bunjalloo to browse to the site and download the homebrew file to your card, but I haven't done this myself. You can also do this with DSLinux but you'd have to have slot-2 RAM which you didn't specify whether you had or not.

3. Narin

Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

Former Staff
    Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    The Nintendo DS only has a wifi transfer rate of 5-20 KBs. Meaning that to transfer larger files could take hours or even days to transfer them to your DS.

4. blanco613

blanco613 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    usa
    i still think thats a cool idea

5. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    Forman's Basement
    DSOrganize has some downloadable homebrew, but like said before, the download times are incredibly long. Just use a computer.

6. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    There are also a few FTP clients for the DS (DSFTP and CFTP are two that come to mind). But again, they are slow and unreliable.

-Bri

7. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Not necessarily. DSLinux can download at up to around 100 kb/s, but it uses modified wifi code and I'm not sure that it can be applied to regular DS homebrew. Honestly I'm not really sure about this. All I know is that when downloading a file with the Links browser, it reports that it's downloading at a good 100 KB/s for at least a short while. With DSFTP and other wireless transfer apps, I generally get around 30 KB/s max. I agree though that this is generally too slow for large file transfers, and is mostly only useful for quickly testing a new homebrew app without having to shuffle cards around.