Wireless Routers

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by jumpman17, Dec 9, 2006.

1. jumpman17
    OP

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    The Wii uses 802.11b/g Wi-Fi. How hard is it to set up a wireless router and hook the Wii up to the internet?

2. greyhound

greyhound GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2006
    Oxford
    my router detected connection settings automatically, where i live the VCI and VPI values are different to the majority of the UK but it found them straight away.

i suggest this router.

one firmware update and NDS and Wii are good to go.

3. jumpman17
    OP

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    And what would I need if I just wanted to run a cable to it? I hear you need to buy an adapter to plug into the Wii or something.

4. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I have a Netgear router. Tooko me a while to set it up because I realised it was because of a setting on my PC that made it not work. If the Wii is like the DS then going online with it is a piece of cake.

5. greyhound

greyhound GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2006
    Oxford
    an Ethernet adapter is coming out for the Wii in the new year, again you could use that router.

i plug my laptop, desktop and xbox into the router and connect my DS and Wii wirelessly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice