wireless router problems

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by JinTrigger, Jul 15, 2008.

Jul 15, 2008

wireless router problems by JinTrigger at 1:18 AM (770 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    ok heres whats going on. As of thursday my mom cannot access the internet. I was in here room using my laptop when i couldn't get on either. Saturday night when i got on my laptop it was in my kitchen on my island counter and my internet was connected fine, but my mom still couldn't get on in her room. Sunday when my dad came home he spent nearly all night trying to fix it with no success. Today im still able to get on but my mom nor my dad can access the internet no matter how far there away from the router in the house or if they're connect to my neighbor's router like i am. We've restarted the computer, i tried to fix winsock, my mom tried to use the phone cord to connect directly to the router, restarted the router, and if it helps my mom has a wireless card built in to her computer and me and my dad doesn't. so can some =one please help my mom.

2. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    So, it isn't just a wireless problem, but ethernet through the router doesn't work? If the phone line is your internet, you must have DSL, make sure you have filters on EVERYTHING connected to the phone line, and that they are installed correctly. Can you log into either the modem (or if the router is seperate) the router? Have you tried a hard reset on the modem/router?

3. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    how do you do a hard reset

Posts merged

how do you do a hard reset

4. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    There should be a pin-sized hole somewhere on it, push a pin or paperclip in there for 25 seconds (to make sure)