Wireless or not?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by randella, Apr 5, 2007.

Apr 5, 2007

Wireless or not? by randella at 11:35 AM (655 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. randella
    OP

randella Newbie

Hi all, doing a small uni project on wireless networking within the videogame industry and were wondering how many people have used their gaming consoles wirelessly and those who have not, why? I would be very grateful if a few of you guys/girls could help me out.

So if you HAVE,

• What setup (router model/service provider/connection speed) do you have?
    • What consoles have you used?
    • Is your network secure? If so what encryption (wep, wpa etc.) method are you using?
    • What problems have you had with the wireless connection? If any, how did you overcome them?

And for those that HAVE NOT used wireless before,

• Why not and what would make you go wireless?

Sorry if questions seem a little long, any input/short replies would be much appreciated.

2. H8TR

Member H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada

D-Link DI-524 Wireless Router. ISP Rogers. Connection Speed=5Mbps

Only DS but plan to use it for Wii when I get it (For release of Pokemon battle Revolution)

• Is your network secure? If so what encryption (wep, wpa etc.) method are you using?

Of course its secure. 128bit WEP encryption

• What problems have you had with the wireless connection? If any, how did you overcome them?

I have never really experienced any problems.

3. fryguy

Member fryguy GBAtemp Regular

Sweden

Netgear WGR614, 8mbit/1mbit cable

Only used DS online

WEP 128bit

None

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    My router (BT voyager of some description) does not support my DS so I do not use it for that. PC based wireless gaming happens all the time. Speeds vary between internet2 and 1mbit.

My network is wide open by choice (I would like to believe I understand wireless security reasonably well).

Problems, people using torrents and useless P2P: Solution teach everyone to use usenet.
    Real problems are mainly bandwidth (or network) related and are usually solved by using wired or ad hoc connections instead of the router.

5. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia

AUSTRALIAN STUFF >_> Netcomm NB5 or something like that/TPG/~13MBPS

Primarily using it as an access point for my home computers. Also may use it for my Nintendo DS or PSP. Might get a Wii/ps3 later

128bit WEP encryption. It's the standard

Not really. Once Mario Kart DS didn't work online, then I realized I was capped. It has worked ever since.