Wireless Driver problem

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Toni Plutonij, May 31, 2008.

May 31, 2008

Wireless Driver problem by Toni Plutonij at 1:08 PM (6,374 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I got myself Wireless USB adapter, but without drivers, I've managed it to work but I don't know how!! Windows installed it automaticly, or connected to internet and installed them by itself, I really don't know how it happen, but it worked..

I had to reinstall windows, and from that point on, I can't get it to work, by no means..I've tried literally everything I could get to think of..I can't even find no drivers online, and I hope some of you will know something of it,and find drivers..I'm using WindowsXP SP2..

This is the adapter specs:
    on the front side of adapter, it says Bandridge: Wireless Freedom @ Internet

on the back side: 54Mbps Wireless Network USB Adapter
    MAC: 000272527221
    S/N: 22606056873-06E
    Made in China Rating: 5V

Adapter has semi-transparent blue casing (you can see electronics inside)
    If some of you knows and can help, I'd be gratefull..
    Cheers..

2. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
  3. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Croatia
    ..Thanks for suggestion, I already use Ralink (with current Wireless USB adapter, Canyon, thats slowly dying), thats the reason I want to switch to the previous I've been using..But Ralink doesn't seem to work with Bandridge..

I'll update to SP3 as soon as I get that Bandridge to work..This current Wireless I'm using isn't mine, and it brakes connection every 2-3 minutes..

I really need those drivers..[​IMG]

4. Lee79

United Kingdom
    Can you not open it up and see what chip it has?

5. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Croatia
    I can't open it because casing is glued together, not clipped..But, I can see trough plastic a bit..
    Something like:
    ZyDAS
    and in little letters: ZD1211-BC

EDIT:And thank you for all help and suggestions..

6. Lee79

United Kingdom
  7. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Croatia
    Thank you, I guess it's the thing I've been looking for..But the site requires registration, and every driver I have to pay 3$ or more?!?!
    I have no means to pay online for now..Could you do me one more favor, and try to find the drive for free download..
    Thank you very, very much!! By this point you helped big time, I know there's a driver for download, I just need to find it for free..

8. Lee79

United Kingdom
  9. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Croatia
    I've downloaded first one (after 20 minutes of trying, because connection break every time before file download completes)..and tried to install it and everything, and it recognize USB and everything, but after install, it says it doesn't work..
    So I wanted to ask you if you could upload the 1211B version, and I see, you've uploaded that one too..

Thanx for everything, when I menage to download that one (after many tries), I'll let you know if it worked..

You've been really helpfull..

10. Lee79

United Kingdom
  11. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Croatia
    That's the reason why GBAtemp is THE best site online..and I was about to ask you for one more, and this one is probably THE ONE..

First driver you posted was "ok", Wireless adapter was automatically installed, but it wasn't working (I think this is 1211 version, and I believe I need 1211B)..The other one didn't work at all, might be that one wasn't for USB..
    I think I need this one,
    It's 7th from top..But I'm not sure..I think that's the one you've posted now, is it?
    I'll try this one, and let you know what happened..

12. Lee79

United Kingdom
  13. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Croatia
    I switched to the other computer, so it'll be easy for me to download this 9MB package..

Wow, I'm really thankfull for all effort you've put into this..If I ever get to Great Britain, you have a beer or something from me..
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to my PC now......I've killed Canyon Wireless completely....I hope some of those drivers will work!!
    If I won't be able to post some respond today, I'll let you know how it all went tomorrow!!
    Cheers!!

14. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Croatia
    I successfully installed USB adapter, but message it won't run, I get is:
    This device cannot operate (Code 10)

I can't go past this point, and the drivers that installed shows that it is a 1211 Wireless USB adapter, and recognize it, but it won't work..Do you know what is it?
    (I get the same message with the first driver you've uploaded, second and third don't work, but pack of all 1211 drivers installs just as the first driver, and I get this very same message)

..If you have any ideas, this would be time to speak [​IMG]..

EDIT: I've tried to get those two posts merged, but failed......Sorry for double post!!

EDIT; EDIT: Spent this whole day trying to figure out what's wrong, but can't solve the problem..I know that Code 10 means failure with driver, but I can't find any other drivers, and if anyone could help, I would strongly appreciate..

Lee79, if you have any ideas..share...

15. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    There are two types of chip with the zd1211 tag. One is the B the other is the U. If the B failed try installing the U drivers.

16. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Croatia
    Well, actually I don't know if it failed!!
    It did recognize it and installed it but it won't work..As soon as driver update is done it says The device cannot operate (Code 10)..
    I researched about that, and it's a driver failure message..

I'll try your suggestion, will search for u drivers and try 'em out..

(@Lee79: any chance of you helping with drivers? [​IMG] )

17. LosPoppelos

Newcomer LosPoppelos Newbie

Netherlands
    Have you been able to solve this issue
    I can help you with it if you still need help. I can get you the drivers here.

http://blue.bandridge.nl/support/?page_id=78
    item number CWN4002G or CWN4102. My safest guess CWN4002G since that's the 54Mbps product.

18. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    It's been TWO FRACKING YEARS.