Gaming Wireless adapter...£60? blah.

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i wouldnt go through the hassle mate

~£35 on ebay for one delivered and you cant go wrong, doesnt have to be new as it sticks to the back anyway out of site.

or you can blag one out of microsoft, but it is fraud lol

yus786

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yus786 said:
i wouldnt go through the hassle mate

~£35 on ebay for one delivered and you cant go wrong, doesnt have to be new as it sticks to the back anyway out of site.

or you can blag one out of microsoft, but it is fraud lol

yus786

what are you on about? £35 for what? hassle for what? what sticks to the back?

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol £35 for a official wireless adapter for the xbox 360 on ebay

the hassle of flashing a router and getting a wireless bridge

the official wireless adapter clips onto the back of the 360 over the serial number and doesnt hang off

and the last part is when you get a serial number of a wireless adapter, phone microsoft up and say that it doesnt work, youve tried another wireless adapter and that works, theyl say fine wel send you a replacement and get the faulty one off you, a few days later you get a free adapter through the post and not a word from microsoft asking for the old one back

they send you it via 1st class post which isnt recorded so you claim you havent recieved it

so you get 2 free wireless adapters!

bingo

i aint never done it and i dont recommend doing it as its classed as fraud IF you get caught
wink.gif

yus786

haruk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The official adapter was a piece of crap for me. It had a terrible connection, it lagged a LOT during games, to the point they'd be unplayable. I got a refund for it, spend $50 on a wireless ethernet adapter, and had no problems at all.

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yus786 said:
lol £35 for a official wireless adapter for the xbox 360 on ebay

the hassle of flashing a router and getting a wireless bridge

the official wireless adapter clips onto the back of the 360 over the serial number and doesnt hang off

and the last part is when you get a serial number of a wireless adapter, phone microsoft up and say that it doesnt work, youve tried another wireless adapter and that works, theyl say fine wel send you a replacement and get the faulty one off you, a few days later you get a free adapter through the post and not a word from microsoft asking for the old one back

they send you it via 1st class post which isnt recorded so you claim you havent recieved it

so you get 2 free wireless adapters!

bingo

i aint never done it and i dont recommend doing it as its classed as fraud IF you get caught
wink.gif

yus786

i ain't spending £35. I guess i'll save up for a la fondera.
QUOTE(fischju @ May 11 2008, 02:19 AM) Just go with my original idea and get a £5 50' ethernet cable
nyanya.gif
i cant! the router is in a different room than the 360.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I need my 360 wireless now... my mum keeps moaning that she's gonna break her neck one day tripping over the ethernet wire that leads from the living room upstairs to my bedroom.

I would gladly buy one but for £60? Screw that. I don't know the 1st thing about networking but I have a computer which has no wi-fi (I have to connect using ethernet) and I need my 360 wireless. Can I possibly kill two birds with one stone and buy that pocket router thing someone mentioned earlier to connect to Xbox Live and get online with the computer at the same time? If so that would be sooo awesome because my sister always disconnects me from XL so she can use the computer online... grrr I hate that.

PS3 online - free
360 online - £60 wireless adapter + £40 a year = £100 for the first year

sux..
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1