Hardware Wireless 360 controller to Switch?

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice.

Although for that price I might as well just look into a Pro Controller.

My fear is that once Rocket League comes out, since I'm used to the xbox 360 controller, it will feel too different. How similar do360 controllers feel to the pro controller?
I don't own a Pro Controller, but I've tried one. They actually feel quite comfortable. IGN says they feel almost exactly like Xbox 360 controllers. If you can, go to a local store and see if you can try one out yourself.

Reactions: Garrincho

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I do own a titan one personally, it does work with the system in dock mode with the usb. You would need to plug in the xbox 360 wireless accessory to use it or a standard wired one will work just fine. It is very good and useful. It even support motion controls on dualshock 3 and dualshock 4 controllers, so you can use aim controls in breath of the wild or those motion control puzzles or even motion controls in Mario kart, also soon to support vibration on switch. :)

(people seem to not want this cause of the price. :( )

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Comparing the Xbox One controller, Xbox 360 controller and the Switch Pro Controller, I would say the Pro controller feels more like the Xbox One controller.
The 360 controller is too wide (don't know how to explain that), the xbox one is not so wide and it is more comfortable in the hands, and the Switch Pro Controller is very much like that.
There are some differences I would remark between the XB1 and the Pro Controller, all of them IMHO though:
  • The DPAD is way better in the XB1 controller, then comes the Pro with a mediocre DPAD, and last comes the X360 controller with a disappointing DPAD.
  • The analogs are way better in the Pro controller, than in either the XB1 or X360 controllers.
  • The Pro controller has L/R+ZL/ZR digital buttons, it has no triggers. Triggers feel uncomfortable when you need digital button presses, and digital buttons are unable to do analog pedal input, so there is that.
Everything else is pretty similar to the XB1 controller.

GMP-Z003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is any of these adapters working with multiple controllers?

I had 4 xbox360 controller and I wanna use them with the lowest price on my switch. Any idea?

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is also this one for the best price, haven't tested it myself as I don't yet own a switch. It's the N100 adapter, could search around for an even better price
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/222591717023

Don't forget to fight against Nintendos online fee, they want your money every year after September when online has always been free, everyone needs to fight against that becoming reality.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had a Xbox one controller you could buy Brook Xone adapter it attaches to the Xone controller and works wirelessly without any USB dongle for the Switch or PS4 and has built in motion sensor, however it comes with a 800mah battery that sucks kinda last like 4 hours :(.
Switch pro feels like the xbox one's controllers.
Except it looks ugly as hell in my opinion and doesn't have triggers... Oh and its also a lot more expensive here as it cost almost 70€ and I can buy Xone for less than 50 eur.

SjorsMaster

Ayy
Trophies
Website
www.sjors.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you had a Xbox one controller you could buy Brook Xone adapter it attaches to the Xone controller and works wirelessly without any USB dongle for the Switch or PS4 and has built in motion sensor, however it comes with a 800mah battery that sucks kinda last like 4 hours :(.

Except it looks ugly as hell in my opinion and doesn't have triggers... Oh and its also a lot more expensive here as it cost almost 70€ and I can buy Xone for less than 50 eur.
It looks pretty alright imo, also the switch doesn’t support triggers anyway, I use the mayflash adapter and triggers only put you off with the slightest of movement. It messes you up with long jumps in mario.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks pretty alright imo, also the switch doesn’t support triggers anyway, I use the mayflash adapter and triggers only put you off with the slightest of movement. It messes you up with long jumps in mario.
Are you sure it doesn't support it? Even android supports it.

So on racing games there's no trigger input support?

Ps: didn't know that and it sucks so much.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you sure it doesn't support it? Even android supports it.

So on racing games there's no trigger input support?

Ps: didn't know that and it sucks so much.
Of course it doesn't support it, it wasn't built around it.

It doesn't mean it couldn't be updatee to support it anyway, but if your official products don't have triggers, and you require that the games built for your system support your official products exclusively... why would you support that? It's nonsense.

That said, the Switch is just like any other computer, just support a new protocol and make it available/required for the games and it will be supported.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I think I have seen Nintendo licensed controllers with trigger... Most likely the games out just don't use triggers, but maybe like GearClub or V-Rally4 will use it as accelerator???

I mean even in the PS4 or Xone most games the triggers also act like a button while specially racing games can use the full range of it.

Last edited by guily6669,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But I think I have seen Nintendo licensed controllers with trigger... Most likely the games out just don't use triggers, but maybe like GearClub or V-Rally4 will use it as accelerator???
Hmm... I haven't seen any Nintendo controllers with triggers, where the trigger is supported on Nintendo Switch.
Not so sure what happens with the GameCube USB adapter, perhaps that supports the triggers?

That said, as long as their is an official product for the Switch that supports triggers, I see that being used in some games at least. And as long as this official product support exists, third party adapters can translate into the protocol of that product and simulate it so that you use a, say, XB1 controller with triggers... if there is no official product supporting triggers, then games will not support triggers either.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They might not be licensed then, but why would they make them with triggers if the console really won't support them, I don't even know why would they put triggers on the Switch 3rd party controllers then...

Last edited by guily6669,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They might not be licensed then, but why would they make them with triggers and if it the console really won't support them, I don't even know why would they put triggers on the Switch 3rd party controllers...
I have no clue why they would put triggers there.
But at least regarding the official first party controllers for the Switch, that is joycon and pro controller, they have pretty much the same shoulder inputs as the Wii U gamepad: four shoulder buttons, not triggers.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn it, that suck... I like racing games and I just can't play without triggers... It's like going back to me Sega Mega drive :).

I'm used to triggers since Dreamcast...

Do you know then if the controller's even support different button pressures like PS3 controllers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.