OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey all

I wonder, is there a future-racer ala wipeout for the DS. Not looking for a kart game, not looking for a realistic simulator racer, I'm looking for the type of game where you strap your heiney to a rocket and fly through futuristic tracks blowing away the competition figuratively and literally. A soundtrack of electronic music is a plus as well. I'd be more shocked if there weren't one of these types of games for the DS out there, but you all are better experts than me at this sort of thing.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looking at a video of it, I'm gonna say no. That game's not really like wipeout at all. It's maybe a little like F-Zero (I've realized it's impossible to describe how F-Zero and Wipeout are not alike at all to anyone who hasn't played both). Also, having to do a "car-fu" QTE everytime someone tries to pass someone else is really stupid.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The two best DS canidates have already been listed.

Speed Racer, and Gravity Zero.

Gravity Zero is unreleased, and Speed Racer has the obscure track designs dow, but lack powerup items and vehicle damage. Better get a PSP.

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
The two Wipeouts worth all cents of the PSP's price.

If you already own a PSP and Wipeouts, have you tried Pure's DLC?It adds a shitload of new tracks and vehicles and it's free.

choconado

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do not, nor plan on ever owning a PSP. So everyone just shut up about it already!

And Speed Racer really does look like ass.

Reactions: 1 person

Waynester727

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a huge fan of racing games and I hate to say it but there really isn't anything like wipeout for the DS.

I know you have already been bugged about the PSP but if you own a Wii you might want to check out FAST League Racing.

choconado

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, the point was to get one on my DS. If I wanted to play it on a console, I'd just dig out my old wipeout games for the PSX.

As a side rant, why is it whenever I ask for recommendations for games and list a specific system for them, many of the replies are suggestions for games not on that system, usually in a tone that suggests that affording systems at the drop of a hat is a reasonable suggestion? You know what? I'm a grown man. I have something called "bills" that are usually where my money goes. (note: I'm not aiming at anyone specific here, just at suggestion thread contributors in general. "Get X system instead" is NOT helping anyone.)

lufere7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's just that there aren't many racing games on the DS, and all of them were already listed. They were telling you an alternative which is a PSP.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The two best DS canidates have already been listed.

Speed Racer, and Gravity Zero.

Gravity Zero is unreleased, and Speed Racer has the obscure track designs dow, but lack powerup items and vehicle damage. Better get a PSP.

Why the heck would you mention a game thats UNRELEASED!.
Gravity Zero is VAPORWARE!. it will never be released.

if somebody dumps a rom of it, only then should you bring it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn