Wipe out Wii/Remove all unnecessary IOS installations?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by CrispyYoshi, Aug 1, 2011.

1. CrispyYoshi
    OP

Member CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    So, I have no idea why my Wii isn't letting me install any more wads. I have tried various methods but none of them seemed to work. My last resort was a PimpMyWii perform test but that ended up in an "Exception (DS1) occurred" error. I am starting to fear that I have two diffferent IOSes conflicting with each other, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

What I'm thinking of doing is basically doing a homebrew format to downgrade my Wii to 3.2U (I currently have a first gen model at 4.3U) and only install the things that are necessary, so I can completely start out fresh and continue to do what I was doing. The things I want to know are:

1. Is this possible?

2. Is it safe?

3. How would I go about doing it, or how would I solve the current problem I'm in right now?

2. BryceOne

BryceOne Newbie

What are you using to install WADs? What is it doing when you try to install them?

I used ModMii, and then starting having this problem where it would give me an error when I try to install WADs using Multi Mod Manager. MMM was using IOS58 by default, and I got it to finally install WADS by selecting a different IOS from the main menu (249 is what I used)

3. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    EDIT: NVM, misread question...

-[]D

4. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Actually that isn't true, but an IOS usually only takes a couple of blocks.

@OP: Unless you use IOS60 patched to slot 30, you will end up with a full brick by downgrading to 3.2. Also, BrickMyWii is not the place to look for solutions, just more problems. Why don't you give us a syscheck following the guide in my signature.

5. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    I stand corrected. I swear I read somewhere that /title/00000001 content did not factor into the free blocks reported by the Wii... Anyways re-reading the original post correctly, it seems that he has lost NAND & signing access somehow. Probably lost his patched cIOS and/or does not have the latest HBC/IOS58 with AHBPROT access.

-[]D

6. JoostinOnline

United States
    Yeah, try installing and deleting a stub or cIOS and comparing the free blocks you have. It's so small of a difference that it's not worth newbies risking deleting something essential.

Hopefully a syscheck will reveal a cIOS that can be used for installing wads.

7. CrispyYoshi
    OP

Member CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Well, here it is:

sysCheck.csv
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    I'm trying to get wads to install again, but it doesn't work for whatever reason on this 4.3U Wii.

Also, it would be cool if you could tell me how to change my region with the situation I'm in. ARC didn't seem to work any more than installing wads did.

8. JoostinOnline

United States
    I don't know why you are messing with the region, especially when you don't know that much about cIOS's. Your Wii is very poorly softmodded.

If you are set on changing the region, I suggest you follow the "Softmod ANY Wii" guide by mauifrog. Do it from start to finish without skipping any steps. After that, you should be able to install all the wads you want.