ROM Hack [WIP] Yo-kai Watch 4 ++ Switch English Translation Project

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was curious on why this hans't been updated and it looks like drama cancelled the project, here is a attachment:View attachment 276412
I would really love to know what happened exactly, but it looks like any opinion on the matter will be biased to one side, so sad community toxicity would bring people to this though.
Destockjapan and OP teams are separate for quite some time. At least they were when last time I was checking, which was few months ago.
Dunno how status of game in each team proceeded.

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious on why this hans't been updated and it looks like drama cancelled the project, here is a attachment:View attachment 276412
I would really love to know what happened exactly, but it looks like any opinion on the matter will be biased to one side, so sad community toxicity would bring people to this though.

it's so sad how everything has a toxic fanbase these days
I don't understand why people feel like they have the power to be above others just because they like a thing

it's why I hate to be part of literally any group, there's always a point where the "us vs them" mentality kicks in and it's all downhill from there.

• Sad
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Stirfry8993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
I had a lot of high hopes for this, and its heart breaking that it'd been stopped. Toxicity really does suck, I haven't been on this site for long, or back into retro/console gaming for a while, but, I've noticed and encountered my fair share. Hopefully someone can pick this up.

Reactions: matias3ds

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you download this on a normal switch or do you have to use a rom?
don’t even bother, the translation project got cancelled…

apparently no one cares to translate this game anymore.

to answer your question, whenever there’s a translation project like this, you need to use cfw on your switch, and all version of the game (physical, digital, rom) works

Kirbtastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw at one point that Destock/Yokai Watch World released their own patch focused on item translations instead of story. Does anyone have a backup of it? Perhaps we could merge the two and have it as a baseline for anyone who is able to continue this project.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw at one point that Destock/Yokai Watch World released their own patch focused on item translations instead of story. Does anyone have a backup of it? Perhaps we could merge the two and have it as a baseline for anyone who is able to continue this project.
Sorry, I don't see any point to continue the project after got cancelled and hasn't updated after Chapter 2. OP has enough with toxic in translation community and it is done for good.

Y'all have to wait for Level 5 to localize this game or use Google Lens to read Japanese language.

Loonelywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am seeing a great request to pick up the translation project...i have to say the translation was put on hold...so much happened this last year and before that...what i can say is that as part of the translation team there wanst any toxicity...it was life that got in the way,and also Level-5 himself...the team was very passiomate about the project so that everyone knows.

Last edited by Loonelywolf,

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am seeing a great request to pick up the translation project...i have to say the translation was put on hold...so much happened this last year and before that...what i can say is that as part of the translation team there wanst any toxicity...it was life that got in the way,and also Level-5 himself...the team was very passiomate about the project so that everyone knows.
No, based on Discord, this project is actually cancelled due to toxicity in translation community, not on hold and it did happen this year, not last year. What has with Level 5? Level 5 wasn't involved in translation project - it is made by fans.

Level 5 closed North America studio and they didn't say about when will be localized, so in worst case, possibly never. It took 2-3 years for Yo-Kai Watch games to be localized for 3DS and published by Nintendo. If we didn't hear in 2022 and beyond, it is apparently that would never localized.

Edit: After checked on Discord, they said that project has been deleted.

Loonelywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Forgive me but you dont know what you are talking...i am not saying they will localize the game...i am talking as someone who translated the game ok?and yes it was deleted,but i worked on that...i translated the story part,so off course i have the files.That is one of the reasons i didnt comented on this for a long a time.I am also a passionate gamer,and i love yo kai watch very much,and i understand that sometimes everybody whants to see the things their way...but despite all this(i dont care anyway)i whant to continue and release what is already translated...i dont whant to start a debate on this...what i whant is to release this project for everyone.

Last edited by Loonelywolf,

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to leave up to OP and OP has say about this translation project.

Just saw OP responded in other thread about Yo-Kai Watch 1 yesterday and OP could come to here to respond.

I just gave an answer based on Discord.

I have to agree with matias3ds about this game needs to be picked up and localized.

Reactions: whitesword7

Loonelywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know,and i dont whant to start anything...they was one team,and then got separeted...two teams started working on it...i was on the first and went to the second...i loved everyone in the project from both teams...and now the dust and covid had settled a bit a whant to finish this that is all...the fans deserve it...it is a shame all the work going to wast that is all...for me dont interest me who made who...i whant this to see released.

Reactions: whitesword7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended