ROM Hack [WIP] Yo-kai Watch 4 ++ Switch English Translation Project

devilblue1997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Alright everyone the first full chapter of YW4 has officially been released with the 0.0.1 release! More polishing and many many many more updates and good things to come for this game soon! So keep an eye out and once again feel free to come join our Discord community to lend a hand with this project and a lot more awesome Yo-kai Watch English translation projects currently in the works by our team.
When you talk with mimikin isn't text there

Last edited by devilblue1997,

Diamedic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all of the hard work! You did an outstanding job on the Yo-kai watch 1 translation. I played a little bit of the yo-kai watch 4 translation and it is turning out just as amazing. Me and my wife are big Yo-kai watch geeks and we both really appreciate the hard work you have done.

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Its still being worked on, they have only released the patch that covers chapter 1, but they are working hard to make progress
well i think is this game will release english version around this year, it might be the game came out before the patch fully translated

xavier11773

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i think is this game will release english version around this year, it might be the game came out before the patch fully translated
Well nobody knows if Level-5 will release the game in english, since they haven't announced it, that is why this project was started.

Last edited by xavier11773,
Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

D8rCicco94

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,
Do I need any mod on my switch in order to add a translation? Can I add a translation without any patch/mod but just a 100% genuine nintendo switch?

Probably dummy question, very first time for me!

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi guys,
Do I need any mod on my switch in order to add a translation? Can I add a translation without any patch/mod but just a 100% genuine nintendo switch?

Probably dummy question, very first time for me!

Sadly you can not. You must mod your Switch and get Custom Firmware. All of these mods run off of LayeredFS and it’s on the fly file swapping features. Which requires CFW to use.

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota,

ScordoHD

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sadly you can not. You must mod your Switch and get Custom Firmware. All of these mods run off of LayeredFS and it’s on the fly file swapping features. Which requires CFW to use.
May you Help me with Something. Never moded something on Switch or something like that iam only here for/because of your translation. Could you give me like an link to some tutorial here or something if you know one for the Programms or stuff i need to for example work with your translation for yw1. I really have no Idea and got very confused by looking it up information was all over the place kinda :') Would bei very nice if anyone here could help.

xavier11773

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May you Help me with Something. Never moded something on Switch or something like that iam only here for/because of your translation. Could you give me like an link to some tutorial here or something if you know one for the Programms or stuff i need to for example work with your translation for yw1. I really have no Idea and got very confused by looking it up information was all over the place kinda :') Would bei very nice if anyone here could help.
Is your switch already running CFW like Atmosphere?

XD2020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copied the contents to my switch on SXOS but get an error when starting the game and this put on top.

Do I need to install LayeredFS as a plug-in or application to run this mod?

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Chapter 2 has now officially been completed and the project links on the main project page have also been updated with the new information needed to follow and support DestockJapan and Miken with this project moving forward since I've handed it over to them. I haven't had much time lately to continue work on this myself and was only able to finish Chapter 1, but they are still pushing forward strong and busting this out for the community so please make sure to check out those new provided links and go give them some help and love! With the help and support of all the lovely Yo-kai Watch community we can definitely see this project through to the end and finally get that English version of YW4 out there for all the fans around the world who have been patiently waiting for this. Enjoy the mod everyone!

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways