Homebrew [WIP] Wumiibo- Amiibo Emulation for 3ds

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey everyone, I made some changes to wumiibohelper and now you'll be able to generate individual amiibos. Please try this out and tell me your opinions.

[CIA Download Link] https://easyupload.io/a9nrp8

Screenshot:

1656565838344.png

If everything works as intended, then I'll make a release on github.

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have released a new version of wumiibo(v4.0). Please update your wumiibohelper and then use the "Download Wumiibo" to install the latest version.
https://github.com/hax0kartik/wumiibo/releases/tag/v4.0
https://github.com/hax0kartik/wumiibo/wiki/Usage-guide-for-Wumiibo-and-WumiiboHelper
Wumiibo-helper consistently crashes for me when exiting the application (either when pressing start or via the homemenu button) Crash dumps attached.

Edit: I am a dumbass and did not follow the instructions properly, you have to be conected to the internet on the first startup of wumiibo-helper... works now!

Attachments

• arm11.7z
    360 bytes · Views: 42

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Wumiibo-helper consistently crashes for me when exiting the application (either when pressing start or via the homemenu button) Crash dumps attached.

Edit: I am a dumbass and did not follow the instructions properly, you have to be conected to the internet on the first startup of wumiibo-helper... works now!
Glad it works for you now! incase any more crashes occur feel free to create a issue or leave a message a message in this thread

Reactions: Hark0n

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Is the download function new or why does it no longer work properly? What is the technical reason?
Other homebrew can do that too.
It is basically due a new thing that I added. After downloading, newer wumiibhelper version also verify if everything installed correctly by rebooting back into the app and then checking if wumiibo exists in memory. However, this is only doable in the cia version and not in the 3dsx. Technically, "Download" will still work, but the verification stuff will not.

Side note: The verification feature that I talked about is real nice, as it rules out user errors while setting up wumiibo. Since the verification feature was missing in the 3dsx version, I did not upload it.

I hope this answers all your questsions! :)

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
For anyone with codename steam: I have fixed the error due to which wrong Ike/Robin amiibo was being generated. Should work now.

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, are you not the person who wrote the instructions for how to work around this problem and the compatibility list of which games freeze?

Wumiibo GitHub said:
Some games freeze after closing wumiibo menu, check the compatibility list for these games. The following workaround can be used to emulate amiibos in such games.

After you have opened your game, press home button.

Open wumiibo menu and choose what you want to do.

Open the game again.

Do not try to open wumiibo menu in such games.

I thought you were. :blush:

I used Wumiibo in both Team Kirby Clash Deluxe as well as Kirby Battle Royale, and both games crash sometimes after selecting an Amiibo from the list. It appears to be some sort of race condition, since they don't crash every time, but as it says on GitHub, pressing Home to suspend the game before opening the Wumiibo menu does prevent the game from freezing.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Uh, are you not the person who wrote the instructions for how to work around this problem and the compatibility list of which games freeze?

I thought you were. :blush:

I used Wumiibo in both Team Kirby Clash Deluxe as well as Kirby Battle Royale, and both games crash sometimes after selecting an Amiibo from the list. It appears to be some sort of race condition, since they don't crash every time, but as it says on GitHub, pressing Home to suspend the game before opening the Wumiibo menu does prevent the game from freezing.
I *am* the person who wrote the wiki but I am a bit confused, do these games crash or do they freeze/lag?

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What usually happens is that the music keeps playing, but the screen is frozen, and the game won't respond to any button inputs after selecting an Amiibo from the Wumiibo menu. You can only avoid the problem through luck (the odds of a freeze are maybe 50/50) or by pressing Home to suspend the game before opening the Wumiibo menu.

Note that I last used Wumiibo with these games about a year ago, so I wasn't using the latest Wumiibo. I assume the bug is still present, since you still have the warning about some games crashing, but if you already fixed the bug in the current Wumiibo and that's why you're confused, then I apologise for wasting your time. :blush:

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
What usually happens is that the music keeps playing, but the screen is frozen, and the game won't respond to any button inputs after selecting an Amiibo from the Wumiibo menu. You can only avoid the problem through luck (the odds of a freeze are maybe 50/50) or by pressing Home to suspend the game before opening the Wumiibo menu.

Note that I last used Wumiibo with these games about a year ago, so I wasn't using the latest Wumiibo. I assume the bug is still present, since you still have the warning about some games crashing, but if you already fixed the bug in the current Wumiibo and that's why you're confused, then I apologise for wasting your time. :blush:
This is the dreaded "freeze" bug, and no, its still not fixed.

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello I can not get the [select+d pad] to activate on style savvy fashion forward
I can get the mod (repo whatever ) to work and generate the amibo but just not in the game. It will just keep looking for a/an amibo
The only other game I could try this on is ACNL but they have an nrt which spawns all amibos and trailer cards.
So does this work on physical games
-edit I got this form the Universal DL if that even matters at all
-UPDATE
FIXED WRONG COMBO-works ty

Last edited by AWESOMEGAMER,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, fuck i'm feeling old too