Hacking [WIP] Trails of Cold Steel 3 / Sen no Kiseki III / 閃の軌跡III ENGLISH Fan Translation

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
X5VsGWZ.png

Trails of Cold Steel 3 / Sen no Kiseki III / 閃の軌跡III ENGLISH Fan Translation

The overlay method is recommended for story text since it does not require a PS4 with custom firmware: https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/a1wgjs/cold_translation_overlay_spreadsheet_translation/
Also, here is an item list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/166pQFdI4YUJRZZbgAoSA2SzOtHa83xGqZU0rrZX2FmI/edit

This is the progress on the insertion project which requires custom firmware, and is canceled:
1. Dump data from PS4 install data
2. Extract data.psarc using orbis-psarc
3. Extract .pkg files: http://goo.gl/MWPEDs
4. Extract text from .bin files
5. Translate script from Japanese -> English

6. Reverse engineer script format
7. Insert translated text
8. Repack .pkg files
9. Repack data.psarc

10. Place data.psarc in PS4 install data

Last edited by uyjulian,

craig78

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the best !!!

this with trails TC is the most wanted project ^^
Do you mean trails in the sky Third chapter ? It's already on steam

i dont know, i just think fan translation is too soon, the game isn't even one year old. i'm just hoping xseed announced localization eventually
Yeah afaik falcom plan to sell tocs3 and 4's right at the same time so xseed need to wait for the release of the next game before starting the localization.

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France

Yeah afaik falcom plan to sell tocs3 and 4's right at the same time so xseed need to wait for the release of the next game before starting the localization.

yeah, I'm asking of third chapter but i'll wait the version evolution or the psp version (I never play in pc ^^)

thanks to the two teams (evolution and psp version) for their work :D

boroxs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

that's why i said it is too soon. unlike zero and ao, there's still big chance for CS3 getting localized and when that happened this project will be cancelled at the end and it'll be a waste.

ralian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very exciting work!! Will you be able to do complete-sentence translation, or only fragment by fragment like Ao?
Also I looked briefly at the script files and there are a number of special names that should be romanized correctly (Dreichels, Vander etc) so please ask if you need help compiling a lookup table.

Reactions: wakabayashy

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Very exciting work!! Will you be able to do complete-sentence translation, or only fragment by fragment like Ao?
Complete-sentence translation, but I have to strip out all opcodes, like ruby texts, coloured text, delayed text, sized text, etc.

The spreadsheet is not the final translation.

Reactions: ils and wakabayashy

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The reason why the translation is horrible is because the lines were given to translate.google by line by line instead of by sentence by sentence. This is also what plagued the Ao translation.

The Japanese language relies heavily on context, and the understanding may be wrong if certain elements are not read out as one.

Reactions: ils

nihonboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Really looking forward to it.

By the way, is there a way to give translate.google the lines sentence by sentence?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.