Homebrew [WIP] The Ultimate 3DS Homebrew Database (HBDB for short)

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

This is a project I've been working on for about half a year, and that is now *hopefully* ready to be revealed.

Overview:
It's a website aimed to show information about every single 3DS homebrew published on this scene to date.
For this to happen, I will need the help and colaboration of the homebrew community as a whole.
You can start by forking this repository. From there you can add new entries to the database (maintained in JSON format and manually updated), helping with the site's design and functionality, or translating the page to other languages. Then you have to send me a pull request with the changes/additions.

Features:
- Loads data either from titledb or from a manually updated database.
- Search homebrew by name, author, release date, category, description, development status, and even some preset keywords/tags for each homebrew.
- Sort homebrew list by title, category, author and release date.
- Filter homebrew list by category, release status and development status.
- Click on a homebrew's title to show detailed info such as long description, screenshot, latest version and entrypoint compatibility.
- A small statistics board on the bottom-right corner of the page, showing how many homebrew there are for each category and status.

Plans for the future:
I plan to also add a developers/contributors list for showing all of their work on the 3DS scene, but only if they are fine with this. The database would contain their nicknames, avatars (github/twitter/gbatemp), real names (if made public by the dev itself), and country of residence (if made public by the dev itself). Maybe turn this into a wiki.
And maybe expand dong this into the Wii U scene.

Last edited by Ryuzaki_MrL,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, very cool!

Edit: Much appreciated. 400+ homebrew apps if anyone is wondering.

Edit2: It even gives you compatibility for console and how you can launch the homebrew app. Very very cool. I think you might have gotten yourself a spot in the stickies. :)

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Gaikonaiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's indeed interesting. I forked the repo,will start the translation tomorrow though,because it's nearly midnight here.
Also,I'm a bit confused by the instructions,but I will see that tomorrow ^^

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's indeed interesting. I forked the repo,will start the translation tomorrow though,because it's nearly midnight here.
Also,I'm a bit confused by the instructions,but I will see that tomorrow ^^

I'll add some detailed instructions on the repo's README later.

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any other features that you've thought off?
(In 2 days ill fork it and check the source)

Plans for the future:
I plan to also add a developers/contributors list for showing all of their work on the 3DS scene, but only if they are fine with this. The database would contain their nicknames, avatars (github/twitter/gbatemp), real names (if made public by the dev itself), and country of residence (if made public by the dev itself). Maybe turn this into a wiki. And maybe expand this into the Wii U scene.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn