ROM Hack [WIP] Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken - English Translation

kosterix

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados

NerdBirb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Ran the Alt Patcher after the first patch didn't work. It said It worked but the New file isn't in the files, and the first patch still doesn't work

Timson

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well... since the switch released reissue of the games "Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken" and "Dokodon! Mystery Adventure!" with the English language then maybe someone will do a port translation on the 3ds? Maybe at least a story mode?

Reactions: Eleganto

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Surely there must be an easier way of patching this ? can I not patch it straight through luma ?
I been messing around with that hacking tool for hours and still can't get it working.

populustree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how much progress has there been towards a story mode patch? some songs (ie. Donkama 2000) are locked behind story mode barriers

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
It's been a long time. Team Fullcombo has long since dissolved and I haven't even touched my 3DS outside replacing its swollen battery a while ago.

At this point, I would highly recommend just playing the Switch releases given that they are out officially, in english! I know not everyone has access to a switch or even easy access to purchasing games and I totally get that, but I don't think I am ever going to return to the translation. I apologize to people who were still hoping this patch would be updated. Perhaps someone will come around and extract the text from the Switch releases and inject it into the 3DS versions on top of the existing work we did with the graphics. No clue how possible it would be, but someone out there is most certainly welcome to try.

WohaoGaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's been a long time. Team Fullcombo has long since dissolved and I haven't even touched my 3DS outside replacing its swollen battery a while ago.

At this point, I would highly recommend just playing the Switch releases given that they are out officially, in english! I know not everyone has access to a switch or even easy access to purchasing games and I totally get that, but I don't think I am ever going to return to the translation. I apologize to people who were still hoping this patch would be updated. Perhaps someone will come around and extract the text from the Switch releases and inject it into the 3DS versions on top of the existing work we did with the graphics. No clue how possible it would be, but someone out there is most certainly welcome to try.
I'd be happy to do it myself if you just tell me how I can start (like how do you edit the text)

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is it more complicated than dokodon? On dokodon patch for layeredfs I had just to move a folder to luma titles folder
layeredfs doesn't do any of the hacking work needed to make a game function correctly with English text
it's just an easy way to patch a game without needing to extract a rom.

lilyuwuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok. I'm completely lost. Where is this HANS file? I downloaded the zip folder but I can't find this file.
It's a bit of a bodge, but I wrote a tutorial a while ago here that installs the patch in a more modern Luma LayeredFS way. A lot of the things in the main post are old and unlikely to work (or very annoying to setup) on modern setups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s