ROM Hack WIP [WIP] Sword and Shield Pokemon Models and Textures

eman_not_ava

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is there any way you would be able to get these models and textures from the game to be used in blender?
Well, considering the amount of mods I've made using Blender, I'd say it's definitely possible:
7cZJLCd.png

I'm currently at work though, considering it's quite lengthy to explain, I'll try and add a simple written tutorial at the bottom of the main post later today(don't quote me on that though).
I'm going to keep it simple for the time being, but I plan on expanding it later and also explaining how to re-insert edited models.

Last edited by eman_not_ava,

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About to update and re-release my 3DS textures to SwSh, many more already done or in progress. Few of them are heavily inspired by spin-off games and the anime. Working together with an artist expert but it still takes some time.

We also have in mind to edit the actual models in blender but that's just an idea so far and will be considered by time.
unknown.png

Last edited by Traiver,

eman_not_ava

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
About to update and re-release my 3DS textures to SwSh, many more already done or in progress. Few of them are heavily inspired by spin-off games and the anime. Working together with an artist expert but it still takes some time.

We also have in mind to edit the actual models in blender but that's just an idea so far and will be considered by time.
unknown.png

Wow that looks sick, any chance you could make textures for Shadow Mega Mewtwo X and Shadow Mega Mewtwo Y(doesn't exist, but Wynaut right?).

I know that there are no megas in SwSh, but I can add the gen 1 megas as additional forms, so I could add that shadow Mewtwo + megas as additional forms as well.

and to prove that I can add additional forms, here's Voltorb, which normally doesn't have any additional forms:

Last edited by eman_not_ava,

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, we're able to do that. I personally didn't look into the tables, so I don't know exactly how to add additional Pokémon into the game.

nostone

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible for someone to upload the Pokémon gfpak files for me? I’m looking to get them so i can work on building 3D models for 3D prints but unable to source them myself from a game

DDDMan12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok maybe im just not seeing it but where is the actual download link for the models. This all tells you the models that exsists but wheres the link to download them. @_@ cuz i don't see anything

DDDMan12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok maybe im just not seeing it but where is the actual download link for the models. This all tells you the models that exsists but wheres the link to download them. @_@ cuz i don't see anything
NVM i was able to find the page and folders XD

alteredillusion

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This is a list that shows you which Pokémon uses which file for its models and textures.

As far as currently known it's not yet possible to add entirely custom pokemon to this.
I've seen Kazowar on Twitter replacing the bulbasaur model in SwSh with the one from LGPE(they're in the same format), but to actually make that work he also had to modify a registry file of some sorts.

You should use this list to find where a specific pokemon is located so you can then make texture hacks or whatever it is you'd like to do with i

I just wanna know how I could export the pokemon GEN 8 animations to use for 3D softwares, can you please point me to the right direction

eman_not_ava

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just wanna know how I could export the pokemon GEN 8 animations to use for 3D softwares, can you please point me to the right direction
Tools Needed:
- Switch ToolBox
- AutoDesk FBX Converter
- Blender
- Source Tools Addon

1. Open the GFPAK of the mon you want in STB(Switch ToolBox)
2. Export the model to DAE
3. Export the desired animation to SMD
4. Open AutoDesk FBX Converter to convert the model DAE to FBX (THIS IS NECESSARY, if you don't do this the model will be distorted when you import the animation)
5. Open Blender and install the Source Tools Addon if you don't have it already
6. Import the MODEL FBX
7. The armature has a 0.010 scale for whatever reason, just hit Alt+S once it has imported to clear the scale
8. With the armature selected import the SMD animation with the following settings: "Validate Against Target" and Up-Axis: Z (or Y)
9. Done

BakaCirno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello, I have encountered some problems. I import the model(Dae to Fbx) and amimation(SMD)into Blender according to your steps. Finally, the animation anime is right, but there seems to be some mistakes in the direction of the bones like picture1. I selected "automatic bone orientation" when importing. At this time, the direction of the bone is correct, but the imported SMD animation will become picture2

Attachments

• QQ截图20211230000935.png
    QQ截图20211230000935.png
    284.1 KB · Views: 68
  • QQ截图20211230001356.png
    QQ截图20211230001356.png
    276.5 KB · Views: 72

eman_not_ava

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, I have encountered some problems. I import the model(Dae to Fbx) and amimation(SMD)into Blender according to your steps. Finally, the animation anime is right, but there seems to be some mistakes in the direction of the bones like picture1. I selected "automatic bone orientation" when importing. At this time, the direction of the bone is correct, but the imported SMD animation will become picture2
Unfortunately this is where my current knowledge on importing animations is limited to.
Automatic bone rotation fucks up the armature in some way, although it remains perfectly fine on its own, it causes animations to get fucked up.

So TL;DR:
If you want to preview animations inside of blender: don't use automatic bone rotation even if that makes the skeleton seem messy and chaotic.

If blender ever fixes this issue that occurs when importing DAEs and FBXs with automatic bone rotation, or if I ever find a workflow that imports the animation correctly on top of skeletons with automatic bone rotation then I'll be sure to post said workflow here.

Until then I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it :(

Reactions: BakaCirno

BakaCirno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Unfortunately this is where my current knowledge on importing animations is limited to.
Automatic bone rotation fucks up the armature in some way, although it remains perfectly fine on its own, it causes animations to get fucked up.

So TL;DR:
If you want to preview animations inside of blender: don't use automatic bone rotation even if that makes the skeleton seem messy and chaotic.

If blender ever fixes this issue that occurs when importing DAEs and FBXs with automatic bone rotation, or if I ever find a workflow that imports the animation correctly on top of skeletons with automatic bone rotation then I'll be sure to post said workflow here.

Until then I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it :(

Thank you for your answer my friend. Recently, I tried another way.
At present,I think the problem is maybe SMD type?
because NSToolbox can only export animations of SMD,but the model is Dae or fbx, Models and animations compatible are not very good.
And I tried to use USUM(gen7) model and animations by the SPICA,it can export animations of dea.
In the blender,I use a Add-ons name "Better FBX.."it also can improt Dae type better than the blender original one.
the direction of the bones and animations is good,not like the gen8 messy and chaotic.
but sad is lot of pokemon only gen8 have- -

Attachments

• 23221.png
    23221.png
    279.4 KB · Views: 65
  • BLENDER1.png
    BLENDER1.png
    12 KB · Views: 69

Sausuka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally broke my Gigantamax Gengar file on accident while looking at the model on the Switch-Toolbox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling on you