ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, so I used your save file and had no problems, Lisette showed up just fine and I didn't experience any crashes. I guess I actually did fix this, but forgot to put it in the patch?

Try extracting the file I uploaded to the SoSToT folder since you're using NTR, and let me know if the wedding works this time! (And thanks for the good luck wishes!)

It's still bringing up Wayne. :ohnoes: (Crashed exactly the same as before)

Last edited by SweetieBelle,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still bringing up Wayne. :ohnoes: (Crashed exactly the same as before)
That's really weird... It's working fine on my end. Are you sure you overwrote the file? I reuploaded it straight from my 3ds, hopefully this one will work for you

Attachments

• Marriage_A.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 83

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's really weird... It's working fine on my end. Are you sure you overwrote the file? I reuploaded it straight from my 3ds, hopefully this one will work for you

Yep I over wrote it.

I just set it up within Luma, copied the exact same SoSToT folder into the romfs folder.. and it's still Wayne, still had the same crash as well. I didn't even start NTR

The problem must be on my end, thank you for your help, Ill keep messing around and see if I can get it working.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep I over wrote it.

I just set it up within Luma, copied the exact same SoSToT folder into the romfs folder.. and it's still Wayne, still had the same crash as well. I didn't even start NTR CFW.
I downloaded 3.1 and replicated the crash, so I know this bug is not something just happening to your game in particular.

I rewrote the script from the vanilla file and tested it again with your save, Lisette showed up and there wasn't a crash. Try it out, hopefully it'll actually work out this time!

Attachments

• Marriage_A.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 109

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason the game is incredibly slow now. Approximately a 12 second delay on loading and walking into or out of buildings and sleeping.

I also downloaded 3.1.2 and installed the Inari patch and the file you uploaded. But the wedding now works.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason the game is incredibly slow now. Approximately a 12 second delay on loading and walking into or out of buildings and sleeping.

I also downloaded 3.1.2 and installed the Inari patch and the file you uploaded. But the wedding now works.
Well, at least the wedding works!

Honestly, I've never paid much attention to loading times so I might not be much help with that. When you switched to Luma did you delete the layeredfs plugin or the SoSToT folder to stop NTR from loading?

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I load NTR manually.
With refreshed 3.1.2 + Inari + Marriage_A (One version back from the one you just uploaded) it works with NTR CFW and it isn't slow, so whatever was just changed slowed the game considerably.

I am presently just looking for the fix for the order of the vows. (I am using 3.1.2 and they are out of order.)

Sorry to take up so much of your time.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I load NTR manually.
With refreshed 3.1.2 + Inari + Marriage_A (One version back from the one you just uploaded) it works with NTR CFW and it isn't slow, so whatever was just changed slowed the game considerably.

I am presently just looking for the fix for the order of the vows.
The only thing the file I uploaded should affect is the wedding event, it shouldn't be causing the game to slow down so noticeably. Your problem might just be NTR, but I can't really say for sure since I haven't noticed a slow down myself (but I use Luma).

Were the vows not in the right order with the fix I just gave you?

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I copied the file back over, it runs at normal speed without NTR running, when the patch is running it is extremely slow. Whatever it is in that file it slows it down for some reason.

I went back one version of the Marriage_A file again, and it is running at normal speed. Strange.
Just to be sure, I ran chkdsk over the SD, it is fine.

I guess the important thing is that it is working.

The order is still off though, Lisette speaks first when the player is meant to.
(Marlena just called me the groom too)

Edit: I just copied the SoSToT files across and turned on game patching within Luma and renamed the directory within NTR (I use it for screenshots, so wanted to disable the game specific patch) and the position of the player and Lisette has changed (if my memory serves me correctly, it is 6am..), and the dialogue is correct.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: I just copied the SoSToT files across and turned on game patching within Luma and renamed the directory within NTR (I use it for screenshots, so wanted to disable the game specific patch) and the position of the player and Lisette has changed (if my memory serves me correctly, it is 6am..), and the dialogue is correct.
So you're saying that you're using the same files with Luma that you used with NTR but they're acting different in game depending on what you boot up the patch with?? As long as it works that's fine I guess, but it's still odd.

Did using Luma fix the slow down issues for you too?

Edit: Actually that's how the last Marriage_A file I uploaded should have been acting. The position of the player and their spouse was switched to fix the dialogue.

Last edited by Silrae,
Reactions: SweetieBelle

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seem to be no problem with either Marriage_A file within Luma. Strange.

Thank you very, very much for your help. :yaynds:
Perhaps it is a problem with NTR. I know NTR can have issue with some large files.

The vows are in the correct order as well and Marlena calls me a bride.

Reactions: Silrae

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Another lil bit where the game may misgender the player/their partner - Colin says I'm boyfriend and girlfriend with Wayne, when I'm also a dude.

Attachments

• top_0001.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 235

AstralNyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wow, what a nice surprise to see this has been updated!
I haven't been checking the thread for awhile since I haven't been playing the game, but been having the urge to get back into it.
So glad to see this updated, you're the best Silrae!

tenshi7777

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, mod looks great! I was just wondering if there is a way to use it with citra?

Sorry, I'm a newb at this and don't know if it's hard to do. But there are several people on another forum interested in this, asking for a modded rom

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, mod looks great! I was just wondering if there is a way to use it with citra?

Sorry, I'm a newb at this and don't know if it's hard to do. But there are several people on another forum interested in this, asking for a modded rom
Well I don't have much experience with Citra, but I did test this hack with it when I had to get my 3ds repaired, so it should work?

Basically what I did was I extracted the romfs and exefs file from the game's cia, extracted the romfs, put the hack's files into the romfs, rebuilt the romfs then cia, and converted the cia to cci so it could run with Citra.

I've already said this before, but I really do recommend buying the actual game! Citra is extremely laggy and doesn't run ToT very well, and the Story of Seasons franchise really does need more overseas support, so please consider buying it! I can't stop you from emulating it though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can you please addy Patch for the Eur version Game ID 00040000001B5500?
Do you mean add a layeredfs plugin for the EUR version? To do that I would need the exefs file from a EUR copy of the game. If you could get me that I'll be able to make a plugin for it!

If you don't want to do that, you could just use the luma installation method instead of NTR. It creates the plugin by itself, so I wouldn't need to make one for you.

Last edited by Silrae,

ALsf2

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am not playing this game (yet) but thank you and nice work for doing this kind of patch.
I hope you will keep on going and making patch like this for other games (when possible of course).

tenshi7777

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for reply. What would happen if you use the patch on a EU rom, but want to play in a different language than english?

would just some of the dialoque you edited be in english, or would the patch not work at all?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for reply. What would happen if you use the patch on a EU rom, but want to play in a different language than english?

would just some of the dialoque you edited be in english, or would the patch not work at all?
I don't think the patch would work at all, unfortunately. And if it did work, the entire game would be in english since it's loading the english dialogue file.

I can take a look at the EU rom's files and see if I can do something to add support for different languages, but I can't promise I'll be able to get it to work...

tenshi7777

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would greatly appreciate the effort. I'd like to play this game in german and I wouldn't mind specific dialogue to be in english.

Thank you for creating this patch in the first place!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-