1. xelestial

xelestial Member
    Newcomer

how to edit items ?

2. m0rt

m0rt Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    You can't edit the item table in the savegame right now, not until the file compression is figured out.
    Everything after the header of the file is compressed (LZ ?). I think the original Story of Seasons used some LZ compression,
    at least that's what I remember from looking through the sourcecode of the savegame editor for that game. You could try to ask RainThunder for help, that's the user who wrote the savegame editor for the original Story Of Seasons

I edited the items via the gateway cheat feature, can't tell you how to do it with NTR right now because i got no knowledge with that and find it too tedious to work with...

Each item in the storagebox uses this structure:

public struct RAM_Item_Object
    {
    public UInt16 Id_0; //Item ID, see my table for reference...
    public UInt16 Id_1; //Item ID, see my table for reference..., not sure why it is used 2 times in each object...
    public Byte Unk_0; //Unknown
    public Byte Quality_Color; //Quality - Color; ranging from 0-5
    public Byte Unk_2; //Unknown
    public Byte Quality_Sweet; //Quality - Sweet; ranging from 0-5
    public Byte Unk_4; //Unknown
    public Byte Quality_Juicy; //Quality - Juicy; ranging from 0-5
    public Byte Unk_6; //Unknown
    public Byte Quality_Size; //Quality - Size; ranging from 0-5
    public UInt16 Dummy; //always 0x0000 ?
    public UInt16 Count; //Current item count​
    }

Last edited by m0rt, Mar 24, 2017
  3. RurounixKen

RurounixKen Newbie
    Newcomer

i really want to play this game clean and fair. But so far, my hard work has gave me a S rank by-product level chicken, which make my chicken only lay golden eggs. And then that stupid egg couldnt be use in cooking... Damn, now i'm looking for a way to reduce that S rank...

4. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

Yes the last save used LZ11 IIRC. I also looked at the save editor source for reference, and compared the compression headers myself to confirm.

The new game uses a new save format and I am unable to find the compression header so I can't figure out which compression algorithm it uses. I have even looked into the game's code, and am getting closer, but still haven't quite figured it out.. I'm also pretty new to REing from assembly.

5. xelestial

xelestial Member
    Newcomer

6. m0rt

m0rt Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I don't know if it's worth to check, but maybe the .cec file extracted with the saveX.bin files (when extracted with jksv) contains that data? :S

I could look if I can find the animal data. Once it is found it would be a simple thing to edit the ranking values via NTR/gateshark :)

Last edited by m0rt, Mar 25, 2017
  7. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The cec.bin seems to be consistent across save files (i've tested with 5), but I don't know if it's the same across regions and consoles as well. It doesn't seem to be obvious what is is yet, but i'll keep looking.

8. CrescendoLite

OP CrescendoLite Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Sorry for the lack of activity, as life has been a little too active lately.

I ran into a major problem with a coder when we attempted to write the code. It seems that hex values can sometimes change position
    according to changes we tried to make.

I have been told this may be because of a higher security measure from Marvelous, but we weren't sure since neither of us had experience in
    save editing before.

Unfortunately, I don't have the skills required to see this project through, so I'll have to leave it up to someone else.
    There are powersaves cheats posted by Datel already, so maybe it's possible to find a workaround easily.
    Again, very sorry for the lack of support.

9. MegamanX

MegamanX Member
    Newcomer

United States
    1 year later....so was this ever finished?

10. Menoma

Menoma Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    where is the editor?

11. Toady231

Toady231 Intellectual saviour of the masses

United Kingdom
    Never finished. No editor to download

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Seasons, Editor, [wip]