[wip] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by CrescendoLite, Oct 23, 2016.

1. CrescendoLite
    OP

CrescendoLite Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    Canada
    So I know the game has yet to arrive here in America, but I still caved in and bought a copy of the new Story of Seasons game and it's a blast. I figured that no one will make a save editor until it's release in 2017, so I thought it'd be nice to work on one ( and learn about hex editing while doing so )

So there's no program to download just yet, mainly because i'm still figuring out hex values for every items in the game. Until now, I've found the easiest value ( money ) through trial and error.
    I'm relatively new at hex editing/programming, so while I can't promise that there WILL be a save editor, I'll do my very best to work on it.

So why DID I make that thread? Mostly to put in hex values. At the very least, the first download will have a money editor in. Seeds/crops/animal product quality will come soon after, since I currently have a good amount of time to invest on it.

If this is against regulations to post a thread without any actual save editor to download, i'm awfully, terribly sorry... I've been following the community for a while and hacking Fire Emblem Fates made me want to try my hand at proper editing.

Thank you!

2. KariRaquan

KariRaquan GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    OMG thanks so much for this even if u can't make a save editor it still helps to attempt to make one.
    I personally would love to have an editor for this hopefully someone can help because i don't know anything about editing.

3. RainThunder

RainThunder GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Hanoi
    Hex values for all items (from the base game, not updated version):

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I appreciate your effort. I recommend taking a look at the game's RomFS, because save editing for data-based game like SoS is very hard without datamining.

Last edited by RainThunder, Oct 24, 2016
  4. CrescendoLite
    OP

CrescendoLite Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    Canada
    This is incredibly helpful, thank you so much! I've been compiling the easiest data through save files so far.

Hex data.PNG

I'm currently dumping the romfs. I'm learning a lot thanks to your save editor, too.

5. KariRaquan

KariRaquan GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Have u made any progress lately?

6. CrescendoLite
    OP

CrescendoLite Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    Canada
    Fear not, I haven't forgotten about the editor!

A few weeks after studying the game files, I began realizing my progress would have to be changed for the NA release of the game.
    I've been reading XSeed's developper blog as well, especially regarding their changes in terms of content, and I figured it would come to that eventually.

Of course, I consider it to be ideal since it'll allow me to practice a program i've yet to know anything about. Coding is difficult, but i've been reading books and
    gotten tutoring for further help. So i'm more in a learning process for C# since datamining would be much longer and easier in comparison.

I'll probably put out a small release for the japanese version, but focus the work on the NA version more :'D
    I assume the release of the NA game will be in late march. So while it's tempting to say "we still have time", It's also a reminder that I don't have a long time for the learning process...

So I'm still on it! It may not be as good as Rainthunder's SOSSE, I still want to make something and release it.

Thank you for your patience!

Pluupy and KariRaquan like this.
  7. Tgranger

Tgranger Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    Brazil
    Anyone still working on this? USA version released already and I was wondering.... By the way.. On my save the money adress is not on the same location as yours aparently. Found mine on Offset (h) 00000150 from colum 00 to 04

Duchesty likes this.
  8. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    Offsets are generally different for each region in this game series.

9. Tgranger

Tgranger Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    Brazil
    Playing USA version here. Tampering around with what i can on Hex. Can change day, time, year, Name, farm name and money. But still no luck with items. Found a hex list of them all but aparently from JP version and not really working on the US version

10. DesuIsSparta

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    The user above is using a Japanese version of the game. I have the US version but I'm considering getting the JP as well to help figure stuff out.

Date/Time, name, farm name, money, they all seem to be in the header of the file. The last game compressed data using LZ11 compression, so I thought it would be the same for this.. But I've been looking around for a few hours now and still have had no luck confirming that or if there's even any compression at all.

Last edited by DesuIsSparta, Mar 1, 2017
  11. Tgranger

Tgranger Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    Brazil
    About the same situation over here.... if I find something new will post

12. AshleyCummings

AshleyCummings Gamer Girl

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Simmers Nation
    unsure what hex editor you have but I have HxD and US digital Story of seasons TOT this is where my money is I have yet to edit my main save i made a duplicate save and been trying things cant figure out items... money can only be edited to the digits you have any higher then the save get corrupted unsure if the Story of seasons duplicate glitch works in this version XD but that was one way of getting items in the first sos

Attached Files:

13. DesuIsSparta

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    If the file's compressed, you won't be able to figure out items. Which is very likely the case looking at the code. There are no inventory patterns I see.

14. PhoenixRibbon

PhoenixRibbon Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    United States
    My money save address is Offset (h) 00000150 but in columns 05 and 06 as 20 CB I managed to edit it. I got the physical copy of Story of Seasons Trio of Towns if that helps.

15. DesuIsSparta

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    It's confirmed that the US save version money offset is indeed 0x150. Thanks. Physical/digital doesn't make a difference, as long as it's US

I'm probably gonna start a spreadsheet

Pluupy and inkdragon like this.
  16. Brad123

Brad123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2017
    I know the offset change the money in hexeditor is 0x150 but what hex values should i put in to change it to max money? Sorry for my bad english.

17. Beakershell

Beakershell Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2017
    Malaysia
    Thanks in advanced. Can't wait for a save editor xD

18. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2014
    Caloocan
    can't wait for this wish you'll also put a day modifier. since i forgot the festival.:)

19. KariRaquan

KariRaquan GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    I have a day modifier from fort42 just let me setup the plugin and I'll give it to you.

wownmnpare likes this.
  20. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2014
    Caloocan
    OMG! Really? Thank you very much. :D