ROM Hack [WIP] Shin Megami Tensei IV artwork swap

one_sloth_wrecking_crew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inspired by AlternativeZero's recent SMT Strange Journey portrait swaps, I decided to finally stop lurking and take a crack at something I've wanted for a long time: a version of SMT IV that swaps out the demon artworks for Lilith and Lucifer for some of the originals by Kaneko. While I'm at it, I'm also going to swap the art for Medusa with the Doi redesign from Apocalypse.

As of right now, I have already changed out the portraits:
st_bu_en325old.png
-->
st_bu_en325.png

st_bu_en331old.png
-->
luci1.2.png

st_bu_en448old.png
-->
st_bu_en331.png

st_bu_en323old.png
-->
st_bu_en323.png

I'm currently working on swapping out animations, which is a bit more time consuming, but eventually also plan to update the transformation video in the lucifer boss battle - I can share my rough draft for this if anyone is interested.

Brings me to: is anyone else here interested in this patch if I were to release it? Is there anything else people would like to put out there for artwork swaps? Right now, I can only think of maybe centaur, as others seem to really dislike it, but I probably won't bother unless someone else wants this - I also kinda liked the new Astaroth artwork, but would consider changing it if some others really prefer the original. Same for the archangels (also, their animations are really complicated so pose new problems)

EDIT: forgot to mention that I'm looking for a cleaner lucifer / helel portrait - I originally had in mind the one from Persona 4, but can't find a clean version of that one - if anyone has something, would love to use that instead

Last edited by one_sloth_wrecking_crew,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: