NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
真・女神転生Ⅲ_NOCTURNE_HD_REMASTER_10_11_2020_23_47_00.jpg
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD remaster has been out in Japan and the neighboring countries for some time in case you didn't know but unfortunately it's all in Japanese and if you're someone like me who doesn't know Japanese you're either stuck with waiting for the western launch date or will be using an online translator.

As of recent a team of video game translators have been pouring their hearts and souls into translating this masterpiece of a game. They've been working tirelessly on it. Regardless this is still a WIP and it won't get you that far ahead in-game.
That said the translators are working on it on a continuous basis and updates are frequently to be expected.

Screenshots
真・女神転生Ⅲ_NOCTURNE_HD_REMASTER_10_11_2020_23_47_46.jpg

真・女神転生Ⅲ_NOCTURNE_HD_REMASTER_10_11_2020_23_53_37.jpg

真・女神転生Ⅲ_NOCTURNE_HD_REMASTER_10_11_2020_23_53_57.jpg

真・女神転生Ⅲ_NOCTURNE_HD_REMASTER_10_11_2020_23_52_30.jpg

The In-Game menus, narrative AI and some dialogue text have been translated accordingly.
But as i said above it's still in it's early stages and a WIP. But for those of you who still are interested in it I'll be posting a link to the download page.

:download: Download v6.0

Installing it is fairly simple. As with every layeredFS mod all you have to do is copy the files/folders to the "sdmc://atmosphere/contents
In this current v3.1 update all you have to do is drag the "atmosphere" folder from the zip file and place it over on the SD card. If by any chance you're still running SX OS you can still play this but the files need to be put under their respective directories; "SXOS/titles/010045800ED1E000/romfs

If you're the kind of person who prefers to play it onan emulator then in order to apply the mod you'll have to place the files in the following directories:
%YUZU_DIR%/load/010045800ED1E000/romfs

Update:
As of recent version 6.0 has been released.
This time around it provides a readme.txt file with instructions on how to install it.
Remember that this mod only works on the Japanese version of the game with a titled corresponding to 010045800ED1E00

Note:

It is always advisable to delete the old files whenever you'll have to update to a newer version of the patch in order to avoid any possible errors that might occur.

For your enquires general questions and updates feel free to join our Discord server here

Last edited by NoNAND,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You have WIP flair in the same place where is Release flair, but you have decided to use Release flair and write WIP next to it... :ph34r:

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Who's the team behind this? Wouldn't it be more productive to rip the PS2 translation instead of redoing it?
They're not exactly a proper team. Nor a team that's affiliated with the homebrew hacking scene.

Yeah right that might be easier to do

Beats me as to why they don't want to go that route to translate it.

zestiva

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yup.
I don't know whether the translation team will drop a patch for other regions and titleids
So far I don't have any word for it.
asia version isn't xxx_ja unity language asset file, and font is different, use this base in jap version translation mod rename to asia version language asset file name will display unintelligible text code

Last edited by zestiva,
Reactions: NoNAND

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
asia version isn't xxx_ja unity language asset file, and font is different, use this base in jap version translation mod rename to asia version language asset file name will display unintelligible text code
You can't do that in Unity because you will break serialization. You need to repack files inside archives of each unity game that has different serialization.

Reactions: NoNAND

Kokumotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im running into an issue getting this to work on V:1.01
Ive got the file placed in Atmosphere/Content/010045800ED1E000/romfs/NocturneContent but nothing loads.
Ive also tried placing the files loose in Atmosphere/Content/010045800ED1E000/romfs and same issue.
Do i need to update the game?

D

Deleted User

Same problem with me and SXOS, I tried both the folders and the files, not working with the 1.0.1 update it seems

Crimson_Bull77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im running into an issue getting this to work on V:1.01
Ive got the file placed in Atmosphere/Content/010045800ED1E000/romfs/NocturneContent but nothing loads.
Ive also tried placing the files loose in Atmosphere/Content/010045800ED1E000/romfs and same issue.
Do i need to update the game?
If you haven't already, check the discord linked in OP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a