Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

squishyscrump

Trophies
XP
Country
Update: I successfully downgrade from 10.3E N3dsxl to 9.2 and passed downgrade check.#

loaded first time and downgraded first time and no errors at all.
I did have to manually rebOot as it didn't after 10 SECS plus no trip to hospital after mini heart attack :)

Last edited by squishyscrump,
Reactions: Coleman_C18

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got this to work, after ~3 hours trying today and yesterday. (Though a lot of that was messing around formatting SD cards trying to improve my odds). Thanks all for the upgrade!

squishyscrump

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got this to work, after ~3 hours trying today and yesterday. (Though a lot of that was messing around formatting SD cards trying to improve my odds). Thanks all for the upgrade!
mine was alot of faffing around, installing stuff and then my laptop wanted an update that took forever. But the actual downgrade was very quick and everything worked first time

Last edited by squishyscrump,

patientx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there. I am on 10.3.0.28u and got menuhax , ironhax present. When I run the program and check the cia's with "pressing A" it checks and finds everything in order, but when I try to downgrade by "pressing Y" screen wents black and only a few red dots on the lower left corner of upper screen... All updates and cia's are good. What can I do ?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I am on 10.3.0.28u and got menuhax , ironhax present. When I run the program and check the cia's with "pressing A" it checks and finds everything in order, but when I try to downgrade by "pressing Y" screen wents black and only a few red dots on the lower left corner of upper screen... All updates and cia's are good. What can I do ?

Notes:
- If it freeze just after you press (Y) to downgrade or "init ->" more than 1 second, restart..

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried a thousand time even tired other sdcards etc. Always this.

Im not really sure about that but a lot of people had the same experience as you, they just kept on doing it all over again. If incase you dont have any important files/saves on your 3DS, why dont you try reformatting it and the SD card. Works for both of my o3DSXL(first try) and o3DS(second try).

But I'll take into consideration that 10.4fw is out now, so just in case that you get a softbrick, you'll be forced to update your system to the latest firmware via recovery mode(10.4), hence, no more downgrade since memchunkhax2 has been patched.

Last edited by Akira,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I just thought about that may or may not matter, all three of the o3DSs I downgraded (first try on all three) were using SanDisk Ultra SD cards.

patientx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well what do you say, after using my original card again to install menuhax first -on top of already installed menuhax- sysupdater just worked. I have a 9.2 n3ds now.

Reactions: Akira

Rickmofujohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I successfully downgrade from 10.3E N3dsxl to 9.2 and passed downgrade check.#

loaded first time and downgraded first time and no errors at all.
I did have to manually rebOot as it didn't after 10 SECS plus no trip to hospital after mini heart attack :)
Question, how did you prepare? Did you format the 3ds and then sd card?

boypalos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Successfully downgraded a Majora Mask N3DS

I think it really works well with connected power supply.
I got few pink dots screen until after I connected the power supply (as I read from a suggestion here)
Just got this 3ds as second hand and good thing it is still in 10.3.0-28E

Now it is 9.2.0-20E

AugustoKazt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, with this is posible to downgrade a o3ds sysNAND 9.4, right?

I know this support up to 10.3 (and in the pass days came the 10.4.xx.xx) but tomorrow is when i can try to downgrade that 3ds (in the pass weekends i dont have a pc, so tomorrow is the day i Going to
Have a pc to try).

So this sysupdater is fine/good-with no errors or something negative, doing all correctly?

This is better than the other sysupdater 'the original' with the downgrade feature?.

And other thing if i have the update pack i uses on another o3ds to update to the 9.2, that pack work with the downgrade or have to be another pack?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...