Wijetron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:
I've lost all files in regard to this mod (except for the already edited ones in the OP). I'll try to work on it but I'd appreciate any help.

Here's the links to the public spreadsheets containing all romance event text:
Lesbian Frey: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ireVDPmlXKr3ufsszayuyFvPScmnGThD/view?usp=sharing
Gay Lest: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_PE7YhEP28J6TBtZlSNGRtRlryyescY/edit#gid=674108649

All text is in the first column and first row even if it looks like it may be in a different column. Please make edits to gendered text directly on those files (don't make a copy, don't create additional columns please.) Change the color of your edits to green so that others know you've edited it.

Thanks for your time and hope you're all getting through quarantine fine. I know I'm not.

This is a WIP Gay Lest/Lesbian Frey mod for RF4. Currently, it is very basic. The MC's gender is swapped, and so are most gendered references to the MC. As a result, it's impossible to be bisexual, only gay/lesbian sadly.

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www116.zippyshare.com/v/gEJQE155/file.html

The basis for this mod can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/65n9ql/release_rune_factory_4_gender_swap_mod_na_version/
The reddit user has deleted their account, but it forms the basis of the hack. It provides a gender-swapped save, and fixes all sprites/voices/models to match the correct gender.

Currently working on:
Editing Arthur's events to correctly match gender (Finished proposal event)

Changelog:
v 1.0
-
Ensures Frey/Lest is gendered correctly in terms of the following:
  • Sir/Madam
  • Prince/Princess
  • Daddy/Mommy
  • Mister/Miss
Instructions: (I'm lazy, so I'm just going to quote the aforementioned Reddit user)
From the downloaded zip, open M2F or F2M according to which gender you would like to play as. (M2F results in a lesbian Frey, F2M results in a gay Lest.)

Copy the contents of the F2M or M2F folder directly to your SD card. The file structure is already set up for you.

In JKSM, import the GenderSwap saves for Rune Factory 4.

Load up your game and choose file 1 or 3 according to which version you installed. If you picked M2F, choose the Frey file. If you picked F2M, choose Lest. You can then save over any file and play as normal.

The save files are fresh and unplayed except for being just barely past the tutorial so that Orders are unlocked.

Last edited by Wijetron,

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good Work!
Glad to see this game wasn´t forgotten
I may start a new save with this patch
Just one question: Does this work with the undub version or just the usa version?

Wijetron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Work!
Glad to see this game wasn´t forgotten
I may start a new save with this patch
Just one question: Does this work with the undub version or just the usa version?

I'm not sure. I've heard the undub version gives a weird facial sprite bug, but I've never tested it myself.

destany1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey can i use m2f and that means my current female files will be intact? cause i'm going for dylas in my first file but also want to go for dolce in a file
also how can i still have my saves and use gender swap save?

Last edited by destany1989,

Wijetron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey can i use m2f and that means my current female files will be intact? cause i'm going for dylas in my first file but also want to go for dolce in a file
also how can i still have my saves and use gender swap save?
If you want to use your current save files, use the Rune Factory 4 Save Editor to unlock End-game orders, give yourself 50 Prince/Princess points, then order to swap the opposite gender. It works exactly the same way. Sadly, if you started as Frey and want to romance Dolce, it's not possible without starting the game over.

Thanks, I needed this (currently neglecting it because of the awful romance options for myself)..
No problem! If you ever encounter any gendered text I missed, let me know.

Reactions: oceantae

destany1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use your current save files, use the Rune Factory 4 Save Editor to unlock End-game orders, give yourself 50 Prince/Princess points, then order to swap the opposite gender. It works exactly the same way. Sadly, if you started as Frey and want to romance Dolce, it's not possible without starting the game over.

No problem! If you ever encounter any gendered text I missed, let me know.
i didn't see anything on the editor about unlocking End-game orders

Wijetron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played the game myself so I don't know. But looking at the editor, sure it isn't "Extra Orders"?
Yep, that's right. Sorry, I forgot that's what they're called.

Also, I've finished editing all male proposal events to correctly match gender. Doug's was hell, because of all the text that would only work for a female character ("You're not very girly", "Diamonds, a girl's best friend", etc.)

Last edited by Wijetron,

destany1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that's right. Sorry, I forgot that's what they're called.

Also, I've finished editing all male proposal events to correctly match gender. Doug's was hell, because of all the text that would only work for a female character ("You're not very girly", "Diamonds, a girl's best friend", etc.)
Sweet thank you. And which girl are you going to start with? This and 3ot true love patch this is just awesome era for these games. Thank you for doing this. I'll help test it as you put out updates :)

Wijetron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet thank you. And which girl are you going to start with? This and 3ot true love patch this is just awesome era for these games. Thank you for doing this. I'll help test it as you put out updates :)

I'm pretty busy right now, but I'll probably have all the girls done soon. I'm working on it (: And yes, Silrae's patch is what inspired me to do this xD

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a lot done over break, but still have a ways to go. There's just so much content that it's really difficult to change everything.
Man do I know that feeling.

This hack is great though, good job! I can't wait to see it finished! I'll finally have a good reason to replay RF4 again.

Reactions: oceantae

MoonlightNebula

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!!

I just managed to import the save data and it did start out with Lest, which I was really excited with, but I'm not sure why but everyone is still calling him by female pronouns. Is there any way I can overwrite the data with your mod in JKSM? I'm not sure why but it doesn't seem to be working, I hope I'm not bothering you. :0

MoonlightNebula

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I think I managed to figure it out, I had the EU version of the game when I installed the romhack, so I am going to use the USA version instead! Hopefully, it works. Thank you for your wonderful mod!! ^^

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there's definitely some kind of issue with the menu sprites, though I don't know if it's restricted to the undub. The same face glitch happens on the loading screen of my normal version, when using the gender swap patch above.
In-game, however, it seems to all work properly, at least for me. Either way, your work seems more promising than the hedge fix of save editing extra orders and turning your sprite female.

Also, you're still restricted to the "wrong" gender bath, despite your appearance. Not sure if that can be fixed easily, or at all.
After it's all said and done, it would be really awesome to eventually inject these modified files directly into a rom and create a hardcoded version, if that's even possible.

AthinaBlaine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my in-game sprite and voice swapped successfully, but my menu sprite remains the wrong gender and I'm still referred to as 'Prince' or 'Sir Frey'. I'm using Checkpoint so I don't know if that changes anything or if I'm messing up some other part of the process. What I do is take the M2F folder, merge the 'luma' folder with the one already existing in my SD card (so the folder's contents are 'payload' 'title' and 'congif.bin') and I place the 'GenderSwap' folder in E:\3ds\Checkpoint\saves\0x00D28 Rune Factory 4 and then in Checkpoint, I "Restore File" for the Genderswap file. Does any part of this process look incorrect? I'm really excited to play with this mod!

gizomo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using any version other than the undub, you have to change the folder name from 'luma/titles/00040000000D2800' to 'luma/titles/00040000000XXXXXX'

The undub titleid is 0004000000766600
the vanilla Japanese is 0004000000065800
The US is 00040000000D2800

I've attached the text files related to the undub which switches the gendered titles. This is different from @Wijetron's in that it also retains the honorifics that the undub kept (ie '-kun', '-chan', etc).

I also fixed a minor error in Wijetron's text where Prince accidentally included a paragraph indentation, making the Order text awkward.

To install: extract to 'luma/titles/0004000000766600/romfs' and delete the .eng extended files in the original.

@Wijetron, do you have any update on the gendered script? I had a crack at it myself but realised I hadn't experienced the proposal events and suddenly didn't want to spoil it.

I'm also trying to take a gander at fixing the profile face glitch, but no dice so far.

Attachments

• rf4 genderswap undub textAndData.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 393

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs