DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thank you for your great work!

I have a question regarding how the DLC patch works. Tried on a US 3DS and Luma V9 as well as an EU 3DS, with none-translated DLC (tried acquiring them through freeshop and a .cia from that iso site) I have noticed that while the extra chapters and BGMs work, the extra voices and skins don't appear. (Can some one confirm if this happens on their end and if they have tried on Japanese 3DS?)

Meanwhile when I used a translated DLC (I did acquire an already patched .cia) the skins and voices worked fine!
So does anyone have an idea why this happens, and what part of the patch affects this? And eventually if there's a way to use it to make the original DLC work with the skins and new voices without translating them?

I have a couple of observations as well:
  • With a none-translated DLC, BGMs shows an extremely high number, 132; new BGMs work till 44, after that selecting a higher number won't change the last working selected BGM.
  • With the translated DLC , all the new characters seem to be unlocked along with their alt voices. I dunno if the DLC is supposed to unlock the new characters or they'll have to be unlocked through the Adventure mode.

For whatever reason the DLC has 700 contents files, only with around 60 which are used if I recall correct, been awhile since I wrote the bat file to handle the DLC, basically when all those dummy archives are around the DLC is not loading correctly, the "make_dlc.bat" deletes all the useless ones.

In theory if you extract the Japanese DLC and edit the bat file to only do the "DEL" commands along with the makerom you should end up with an untranslated version of the DLC where it all works.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,
Reactions: baseall

Antonio2311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm so glad to have found this! Quick question, are these instructions still correct for installing the DLC translations? https://github.com/OngoGablogian/Puyo_Puyo_Tetris_Translation/blob/master/Translated DLC/DLC-README.md

Or is there an updated way for Luma 7.0?

EDIT: Actually, I'm having the same problem as the other user mentioned; just a black screen when I load the latest files. The actual release version 0.22 works for me though. I'll wait eagerly for the next release before trying out the newest translations.

Double EDIT: Using JKSM to delete the save data and extra data fixed the black screen problem for me. It still hangs on a black screen for a little while on launch, but eventually it does load (less than 60 seconds). Going to try the DLC installation process shortly.

update: Despite many varied attempts, I can't seem to dump my puyopuyo DLC as a .cia. Both Godmode9 and Hourglass9 fail. At this point I just want to play the game so I won't be trying again. Still, I'm curious as to whether there is a way to patch the DLC using Luma 7.0 methods.
I know I'm too late for this but do you still have trouble trying to dump the DLC?
After hours of searching I managed to dump the CIA of the DLC using Decrypt9 and it works perfectly with the translation patch; I would be glad to show you how to do it! :)

Last edited by Antonio2311,

baseall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For whatever reason the DLC has 700 contents files, only with around 60 which are used if I recall correct, been awhile since I wrote the bat file to handle the DLC, basically when all those dummy archives are around the DLC is not loading correctly, the "make_dlc.bat" deletes all the useless ones.

In theory if you extract the Japanese DLC and edit the bat file to only do the "DEL" commands along with the makerom you should end up with an untranslated version of the DLC where it all works.

Yep, just tried that and can confirm that it works! Thank you very much.
Now I wonder if a similar thing could be done to Puyo Puyo Chronicles which seems to suffer from a similar problem with a bloated DLC.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yep, just tried that and can confirm that it works! Thank you very much.
Now I wonder if a similar thing could be done to Puyo Puyo Chronicles which seems to suffer from a similar problem with a bloated DLC.

Same is possible for Chronicles, I ran the same script I wrote to find all the dummy files in Tetris on Chronicles, can't recall if I but together a bat or not.

Reactions: baseall

Wizzkidwas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey! I've been going through Chronicle's files and I've found a lot of the character arts/textures are compressed in a .comp file, and when decompressed they are completely stripped.
Know of a way to decompress the files so that they aren't stripped or a way to rebuild the decompressed files?

shakkar23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im guessing the "Translated files" is the only folder that needs to be put in SD/luma/titles/0004000000101200? Or do i need to put all folders and files into that directory? And do i need to get the dlc then open the game up to translate it or do i need to put the "Translated DLC" folder and have the DLC?

Last edited by shakkar23,

shakkar23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where the replay files would be stored? I know the creator only did a translation, but i cant find it anywhere else on the internet thats not japanese.

NotABicycle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to add in the English voices from the Switch/PS4 version, or at least some sort of english voice acting? I'm not too keen on the process you have to go through to convert the sound files and what-not, but I think it would give it that extra bit of authenticity, if that makes sense.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've installed this game by the Freeshop. How I can install this translation?
Just follow one of the tutorials above. It's no different from installing it with a physical Japanese cart/buying it digitally.

NotABicycle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Luma 7.0 patch 100% working, although since I wanted to use the banner patch, I just started to try the CIA rebuilding method. I was able to dump and extract the file using Godmode9 and Asia81's CIA, although I don't understand how I'm supposed to "Merge" the files and overwrite the banner.bin file. If someone can point me in the right direction on that, I'd be glad to use the advice.

Edit: I'm not very knowledgeable on modifying/editing/patching game files, so you have full right to make fun of me if i'm missing something obvious ;)

Last edited by NotABicycle,

Carro179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I found something that may be useful. Some files in the romfs directory are the same that in the PC version. I think we can use the PC files to translate the 3DS version, but I don´t know if it´s considered as piracy. It´s just an idea. Also, for some reason, there are .narc archives in the PC version. I am new to the romhacking, but as The Ultimate Beginner´s 3DS Romhacking Guide (https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/6l30pf/the_ultimate_beginners_3ds_romhacking_guide/) says, those are Nintendo Archives

Last edited by Carro179,

Carro179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I found out that the audio files in the PC version can be converted to wav, which can be converted to bcstm, which is the audio file the game uses. I´m still a noob, but I have gotten too far to actually convert one file (specifically the second dialog from the post-battle of level 1 Act 3). I don´t know if I can post it here, but if it is allowed, I will post it

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I found out that the audio files in the PC version can be converted to wav, which can be converted to bcstm, which is the audio file the game uses. I´m still a noob, but I have gotten too far to actually convert one file (specifically the second dialog from the post-battle of level 1 Act 3). I don´t know if I can post it here, but if it is allowed, I will post it

Did it work? when I converted a file the game would crash on the 3DS when trying to play it, yet worked on Citra.

Carro179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know how to put it in the game, as I'm still a bit noob. I tried playing it with BrawlBox, but only a few files play. Most of them crash BrawlBox (including the one I converted), so I can't tell if it's the file or the app. Also, the Download Play client Is totaly in japanese. Is it possible to translate too?

Last edited by Carro179,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: