ROM Hack [WIP] Pokemon Rainbow X and Shadow Y

Do you think I should put all my time in this project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NOTE: I’m going to update OP with screenshot, battles and other stuff soon, stay tuned

Hello! Here I'm creating a rom hack of Pokemon X/Y. There will be a legit version, and a randomized one.
FEATURES
- A brand new story!
- Harder than the original game
- Custom models for some pokemons and trainers
- French and english languages
-Maybe music will be changed
- New shop

But I will need people for:
1: Creating custom textures for the protagonist, lengendaries and the Team Flare ( Textures have to match for the version, like Rainbow X need to have "rainbow" textures and Shadow Y, darker ones) (Already Taken)
2: Translating the story from french to english( Not Taken )
3: Maybe ideas for the story( Everyone can help)
4: If someone really want, a custom banner ( not obligated)

HOW TO PLAY IT

You will need a CFW to play it, but I may put the romfs and exefs in the folder if you want to mess with or play it trought HANS if new3ds

If you want to help, send an email to this adress: [email protected]

Discord server: https://discord.gg/HHS832c

Hope you like the project! :D

PROGRESS

Legit build:

Story: Started for Rainbow X
Teams: Ready, need to edit in pk3ds
Texture: Complete ! More textures may be added
Music: Started to find matching music to be replaced
Shop: In build

Randomized Build:

*after legit build*

Last edited by XLuma,

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will also show the progress that have been made for each version, so no one get lost

If you want more features, just comment it down :D

LoDeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd love to help with the translation but, you know, free time... Hope this will be good when it will become true

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd love to help with the translation but, you know, free time... Hope this will be good when it will become true
Well even if you don't have too much time, i'd appreciate your help^^ Can you join the Discord?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And yes a I hope too :D

LoDeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well even if you don't have too much time, i'd appreciate your help^^ Can you join the Discord?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And yes a I hope too :D

Guess I'll have to try Discord, but I have to warn you, there's a time difference of about 6 hours between Belgium and Canada

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I started to write the story, creating teams for the elite 4, rivals and all the others that come along
I made the shop on paper I will do it later
Making changes to pokemon for the legit build (on paper to remember them)
I will randomize later, because of the teams
I downloaded all the songs I want to put in the game, like the music of the Pokemon League will be changed for the one made by GlitchXcity

I'm only asking help for the things that I'm not able to make because I do not have the skills for (translating), I don't understand a thing ( textures) and maybe other people have great idas for the story ( I'm not saying I can't write the story)

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You should make the thread when you've done a fair chunk of progress so we know there's something to look forward to.
I know I'm being negative but realistically all you've done is written some story. Do you know how many ambitious hacks get past that point? Next to none.
How are you planning on implementing the story and scripting the events that make it run?

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made the tread so everyone know what they are waiting for ( if there are people waiting )

I will add my progress, when I will really start the messing part

Well I may be the one that will prove you wrong and release this hack, even if it takes weeks and months ( Asia81 made one, it was great but due to lack of time he closed it )

Playing the game while writing text, to make sure everything is fine. Also I'm preparing this project for a while so I know what I'm doing ( mostly x) )

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My point was that most people write up a story, realize they can't do half the things they want to do without ASM hacking and just abandon their project.
There's no real point in people "knowing what they're waiting for" when there's really nothing to show them.
I'd love to be proven wrong but there are a lot of abandoned Pokemon ROM hacks on this forum, especially XY and ORAS hacks because they have very little documentation and hacking tools compared to other games in the series.

What I meant was, how are you planning on implementing your story into the game and changing in-game events to make it work? Are you hex editing the contents of the romFS or do you have a private program or something? I know you can edit text in Pk3DS but making new events is another story.

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NEW PROGRESS
Started retexturing for Rainbow X, I will send screenshot when one character will be done

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PROGRESS

Started Randomized build

Encounter, Stats, evolutions are randomized, now changine evolutions method (those will apply for the legit)

Messing with textures, fucked the files a couple times

SahierKHLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help with any of these things well maybe textures but I dont have time to do them as I have school and I come home very late so I will cheer you on with this rom hack and I also hope that you can edit the story to be more interesting (Insert Face)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nude checkers get jumped