Homebrew [WIP] pokeCalcNTR - IV and Nature Overlay Plugin For Sun and Moon

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
how is gen 6 rng going to work with out a hacked 3ds though
If Gen6 Egg Seed RNG is very similar to Gen 7 Egg Seed RNG, You'd have to go through a tedious process of 128 softrests for every each of magikarp eggs to note their 1st and 2nd abilities in order to find your Egg Seeds.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If Gen6 Egg Seed RNG is very similar to Gen 7 Egg Seed RNG, You'd have to go through a tedious process of 128 softrests for every each of magikarp eggs to note their 1st and 2nd abilities in order to find your Egg Seeds.
Well yeah the new Magikarp swap thing in sun and moon does not work on oras so its not the same means eggs are generated by main rng

SolLuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have followed the guides in this thread, but I am having difficulty hitting my frame when RNG Tapu Koko with a synchronizer. How do I find the correct delay? I have tried 3, 4 and 5 to no avail.

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have followed the guides in this thread, but I am having difficulty hitting my frame when RNG Tapu Koko with a synchronizer. How do I find the correct delay? I have tried 3, 4 and 5 to no avail.
There isn't a delay, because there are no NPCs. I had this problem with Lele, just persevere and it will happen. The more advanced the spread the harder it will be.

SolLuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you. So I can just hit the exact frame and I'll be good to go?

Edit: Do I check the "Create Timeline" box?

Last edited by SolLuna,

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. So I can just hit the exact frame and I'll be good to go?

Edit: Do I check the "Create Timeline" box?
That's right, it may take a few attempts to hit it is all.

You don't need the timeline feature because there are no NPC movements to compensate for. All you need to worry about is Rotom blinking, which causes the frame increments to freeze for a brief moment.

RoyaleBear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, my issue is nothing shows up when I do the button combos.

I have installed CFW, BooTNTR, and PokeCalcNTR. I also use o3DS.
This is the root of my 3DS: https://imgur.com/a/gxJNI
This is my 3DS home menu: https://imgur.com/a/oq7r4
I do the following steps: open BooTNTR Mode 3, wait for "NTR CFW loaded successfully," press HOME to return to main menu, load Pokemon Moon. But I cannot do any button combos.

Also, does this have anything to do with Enable Debugger? I can only press X+Y right after pressing HOME to return to main menu, but I get this message when I press A to Enable Debugger: "svc_controlMemory failed: c860180a, Press B to close." Nothing shows up when I press X+Y after waiting for the home menu to fully load.

Thanks!

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there, my issue is nothing shows up when I do the button combos.

I have installed CFW, BooTNTR, and PokeCalcNTR. I also use o3DS.
This is the root of my 3DS: https://imgur.com/a/gxJNI
This is my 3DS home menu: https://imgur.com/a/oq7r4
I do the following steps: open BooTNTR Mode 3, wait for "NTR CFW loaded successfully," press HOME to return to main menu, load Pokemon Moon. But I cannot do any button combos.

Also, does this have anything to do with Enable Debugger? I can only press X+Y right after pressing HOME to return to main menu, but I get this message when I press A to Enable Debugger: "svc_controlMemory failed: c860180a, Press B to close." Nothing shows up when I press X+Y after waiting for the home menu to fully load.

Thanks!
what firmware

SolLuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's right, it may take a few attempts to hit it is all.

You don't need the timeline feature because there are no NPC movements to compensate for. All you need to worry about is Rotom blinking, which causes the frame increments to freeze for a brief moment.
How should I time the Rotom blinks?

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How should I time the Rotom blinks?
You can't control it, and it doesn't disrupt the frame advancements. Just an extra element to be aware of that's all. If you pause and find the frame doesn't advance, chances are you paused mid blink. Just keep pressing select until you advance past the blinking cycle and it should go back to increments of 1.

My 3DS is 11.3. I installed everything according to 3ds.guide.
Try using BootNTR selector (w/ mode 3). Compatibility with new OFW versions (including 11.4) seems to be possible much sooner.

Edit: Link here if you're struggling to navigate.

Last edited by The_Chaotician,

SolLuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't control it, and it doesn't disrupt the frame advancements. Just an extra element to be aware of that's all. If you pause and find the frame doesn't advance, chances are you paused mid blink. Just keep pressing select until you advance past the blinking cycle and it should go back to increments of 1.
Aww okay, I understand. These good HP spreads are hard to come by with low frames.

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aww okay, I understand. These good HP spreads are hard to come by with low frames.
Yes. As I say the more advanced the spread the harder it is to come by. Especially with Tapus. At least in my experience.

It took me multiple attempts at over 100k frames each to get my 31/00/31/30/31/30 Timid and Modest Leles.

SolLuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For the UBs, do I use the honey right after I hit my frame? Also, synchs can still be fainted, right? I'm getting the wrong IVs when I encounter Nihilego.

Last edited by SolLuna,

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the UBs, do I use the honey right after I hit my frame? Also, synchs can still be fainted, right? I'm getting the wrong IVs when I encounter Nihilego.
You need to press A On you bag once you've hit your frame. If you aren't hitting it then the frame is incorrect in the tool. Make sure the correction for Nihilego is set to 19 rather than the default 13.

Synchs can be fainted but must be in the lead slot in your party to work.

Last edited by The_Chaotician,
Reactions: RustInPeace

SolLuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to press A On you bag once you've hit your frame. If you aren't hitting it then the frame is incorrect in the tool. Make sure the correction for Nihilego is set to 19 rather than the default 13.

Synchs can be fainted but must be in the lead slot in your party to work.
Thank you. I beat the last trainer in the cave and was able to get the Nihilego. I'm about to get my first Pheromosa with Modest HP Ground.

Last edited by SolLuna,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)