ROM Hack [WIP] Pokémon Bun (w/ No Outlines, InstantHatch & SciresM Patches Built-in!)

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
That's not how it works, they all have different percentages for appearing. I've tested the patch and had no problem encountering all of them...including the ones with a 1% encounter rate.

How is the progression of this romhack?Now you are still editing the wild encounter?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not how it works, they all have different percentages for appearing. I've tested the patch and had no problem encountering all of them...including the ones with a 1% encounter rate.
I was just saying logically... i mean if you have a pokemon with a encounter rate of 1% but there is only that one pokemon in that area, then you gonna encounter that one pokemon 100% of the time. :P

It was just a statement based on logic, if that isn't how it works in the game then sorry i said it. I don't really know how it works but it seem to make sense that way.:ninja:

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
How is the progression of this romhack?Now you are still editing the wild encounter?
Yes, look at the first post. There won't be any new updates until v0.25 which will have everything up until you leave the first island finished. Please don't ask when it will be done, it will be done when it is done. I promise it will be worth the wait! E:3

I was just saying logically... i mean if you have a pokemon with a encounter rate of 1% but there is only that one pokemon in that area, then you gonna encounter that one pokemon 100% of the time. :P

It was just a statement based on logic, if that isn't how it works in the game then sorry i said it. I don't really know how it works but it seem to make sense that way.:ninja:
It's okay, I understand your concern but every great romhack has improved upon the original tables and added usually almost twice the amount of encounters. Every route and place in the game is stored as a map and every map has anywhere from 1-15+ tables. The original tables done by GameFreak were really lazy and had multiple Pokémon repeated with the same percentages (like four seperate wingulls in a table all with a 10% chance to encounter). Kobazco and Drayano did a good job with their tables, but there were still a lot of things I want to improve upon. For example, here's a comparison of the first Rising Sun's Route 1 tables in comparison to Pokémon Bun's:
Code:
Rising Sun

Table 1 (Day)
Encounters (Levels 2-3): Pikipek (20%), Yungoos (20%), Wurmple (10%), Weedle (10%), Caterpie (10%), Starly (10%), Zigzagoon (10%), Sentret (5%), Ledyba (5%)

Table 1 (Night)
Encounters (Levels 2-3): Pikipek (20%), Rattata (20%), Wurmple (10%), Weedle (10%), Caterpie (10%), Hoothoot (10%), Poochyena (10%), Patrat (5%), Spinarak (5%)

Code:
Pokémon Bun

Table 1 (Day)
Encounters (Levels 2-3): Ralts (20%), Buneary (20%), Larvitar (10%), Bulbasaur (10%), Squirtle (10%), Charmander (10%), Igglybuff (10%), Pichu (5%), Cleffa (4%), Espeon (1%)

Table 1 (Night)
Encounters (Levels 2-3): Murkrow (20%), Misdreavus (20%), Zorua (10%), Cyndaquil (10%), Chikorita (10%), Totodile (10%), Gastly (10%), Dratini (5%), Zangoose (4%), Umbreon (1%)

Last edited by BelmontSlayer,
Reactions: tnecniv43208

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are there also gonna be like high level pokemon to battle and catch or just gain exp from? Every good rpg has one of those secret EXP hoarding monsters like metal slime in Dragon quest series. :P

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
What have you wrought on the world, OP?

Joking aside, if all the dialogue in the game is as high (low?) quality as the screenshots, I can see myself having a couple of drinks and playing this for shits and giggles.

Trophies
Country
Canada
OH COME ON!!!
This is an adult game (even though there is a bunch of young ones playing) BUT I CAN'T HAVE A NAME CALLED ASS MONKEY?!?!
WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS!?!?!?
1102b7a309bb74bbe0d16f7ec921230d.jpg

Anyway to bypass the blockage of words in a 0.13 update?? [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
OH COME ON!!!
This is an adult game (even though there is a bunch of young ones playing) BUT I CAN'T HAVE A NAME CALLED ASS MONKEY?!?!
WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS!?!?!?
1102b7a309bb74bbe0d16f7ec921230d.jpg

Anyway to bypass the blockage of words in a 0.13 update?? [emoji12]

Sadly, this has to do with system software, not pokemon.

You install a dummy ngword cia with either A) an empty list or B) a never-matching list. B is preferred since A screws up certain games into rejecting everything. The list hasn't changed since 11.1 iirc.

Last edited by chaoskagami,
Trophies
Country
Canada
Sadly, this has to do with system software, not pokemon.

You install a dummy ngword cia with either A) an empty list or B) a never-matching list. B is preferred since A screws up certain games into rejecting everything. The list hasn't changed since 11.1 iirc.
Well you killed my fun...

Trophies
Country
Canada
Hey I found a text mistake unless you intended that to happen.
When your mom calls you by your name and asks her to help me on the floor, there is the mistake so for example on mine
AssMonkey!!! Come help me me on the floor!
Yes "me" is in there twice

Last edited by OfficialBrony,

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If i download your files, can i translate all dialogues ? For french community :)
You are welcome to retranslate and release this game in French, but I can't help you with that.

What have you wrought on the world, OP?

Joking aside, if all the dialogue in the game is as high (low?) quality as the screenshots, I can see myself having a couple of drinks and playing this for shits and giggles.
Thanks chaoskagami, that means a lot coming from you. I'm trying to keep all the text at that level (4chan/meme level?) so I hope you enjoy it. This is still a pretty early release, but like I said earlier once the v0.25 comes out everything up until you leave the first island should be done.

But does it live up to the legacy of Pokemon My Ass?
Hopefully it will surpass that romhack, I have heard of it and seen screenshots...but I haven't ever gotten to try it.

cant wait to play this while getting litttt
This is the proper way to play Pokémon Bun! E:3

Hey I found a text mistake unless you intended that to happen.
When your mom calls you by your name and asks her to help me on the floor, there is the mistake so for example on mine
AssMonkey!!! Come help me me on the floor!
Yes "me" in in there twice
Thanks, I always appreciate it when people report bugs or spelling errors. This is such an early release, I expected there to be a few....feel free to let me know if you find anymore.

Reactions: OfficialBrony

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I always appreciate it when people report bugs or spelling errors. This is such an early release, I expected there to be a few....feel free to let me know if you find anymore.
No spell check? :creep:

Anyway, i just wanted to say that i managed to find some sd cards and will be trying it soon when they arrive in the mail. So will I be able to progress without playing the official game? One problem with RPG is some never tell you where to go, you just run off exploring like some MMO game, and that is bad espeically if you don't got a map or directions. (Insert Phantasy star II here) :ninja:

Also have you considered that title id change request so you can have a different game if you use a cia instead of replacing the regular one?

The only thing would make this cool if someone can make some Homebrew on the system that allow you to download rom hacks and install it either for game carts or cia, from a database it is hosted on, that way you can pick and choose rom hacks and even update it without having to use the pc all the time. I mean if rom hacks are gonna be a trend in 3DS like it is on other consoles, is easy to just use some ips or xdelta patch tool but decrypting and extrating and repacking seem like a bit more effort and process to it.:rolleyes:

Trophies
Country
Canada
You're not.gpong to get the cia. It's one of those files that you have to find yourself on that "special site". If copyright was even allowed on GBATemp, the OP would have posted a direct link to the cia. But even in a hundred years GBATemp terms and conditions won't allow copyright files on their site.

Moderator Edit: I removed the content of the deleted comment. -Issac

SahierKHLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try it when I get my 3DS back in the weekend (FUCK YOU SCHOOL :gun:)
It looks promising! I could have a really good time with this
Thank you OP, you're a goddess. (?
Note: 13 y/o with kinda strict parents
welcome to the club (14y/o but has strict/kind parents who I make happy 75% of the time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte