Homebrew [WIP] PHBankGB - Pokémon Homebrew Bank GB (R/B/Y)

Metropolis

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean by legit? It's not authorised by Nintendo and probably won't pass PokeBank checks but I wrote the code and it works as a Gen 1 editor.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compatible with Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald SAV, PKM and 3GPKM files.
Full conversion forwards and backwards between generations 1, 2 and 3 is supported.
Generation 4, 5 and 6 PKX files are imported and converted to generation 3 ready to transfer to GBA or earlier.
Java 1.5 or above required.

Download v4.5 for Windows 32-bit
Download v4.5 for Windows 64-bit
Download v4.5 for Mac OS X

Files edited using Encyclopedia Pokemonica and A-Save are supported.
Let me rephrase, Maybe a PKhex for use directly on the 3ds will be made some day

Last edited by Xenosaiga,

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do you mean by legit? It's not authorised by Nintendo and probably won't pass PokeBank checks but I wrote the code and it works as a Gen 1 editor.
I was asking if this worked, and it really does! How do I convert from gen4 to gen3 though?

edit: nevermind, I found it :P but some things are broken, like attacks not being displayed etc

Last edited by guisadop,

Metropolis

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah OK. If you PM me or reply on another forum I can look into any issues, but don't want to derail this thread, only posted it for reference.

Reactions: guisadop

Shadowxp13

*don't have anything to put here*
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey @Gocario, now that we have the 9.6 + title support on the homebrew menu, can this be used as an standard 3dsx?

And i tested R B Y in the new launcher that supports it. It works from any save manager, sooo can this be done?

Enviado de meu SM-G530MU usando Tapatalk

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Xenosaiga

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gocario so, when will the source be available for this, I want to get rid of the homebrew splash (set it back to the default Nintendo one) and to see if I can get this to read pokemon injects.
I want to play Pokemon Red Full Color Gen2 then use this app to move pokemon over to R/B/Y for battle, trade, and eventually Pokemon Bank for transfer to Sun and Moon.

Reactions: d4mation

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a workaround to play Red VC with gen2 sprites and full color, while retaining future Pokemon Bank use.
there are some big limitations, mentioned below

I took a GBC Inject version of Red with gen2 sprites and full color mod and changed the Title ID and banner (banner change is optional) then built a 3ds rom with 3DS Builder with the serial set to match that of Pokemon Red US (the official release, not the BBB Serial)
I converted the 3DS to CIA then installed it via FBI
Red now shows up in PHBankGB and I can move pokemon out of it to the official Yellow and Blue VC so I can battle,trade, and eventually move them to Sun and Moon via Pokemon Bank.
--------------------------
The older VC that works with Red Full Color Gen2 Spirtes hack seems to create a suspend point when you quit and loads it when you start the VC, this breaks the ability to move pokemon to Red via PHBankGB and causes them to be deleted upon running Red
However, moving Pokemon out of Red works fine, the suspend point ends up causing you to have duplicate pokemon as you will still keep the pokemon you moved out of Red along with having the pokemon in PHBank Bank or the offical release VC.

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say that for a Alpha version! This homebrew version of a Gameboy Poke Bank for R/B/Y is legit & the GUI look is super slick!

Keep up the good work! This thing is fantastic & so pretty to look at! :)

GeorgeAnton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a heads up, both psyduck and golduck use the same psyduck sprite even though you've got a golduck sprite

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: