Translation [WIP] Motto Stitch DS Rhythm de Rakugaki Daisakusen English Patch v0.5

What should I name the light drawing pen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PrayashLand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!
Recently I have been in and out talking to ROM hackers from this site and others trying to translate the sequel of one of my favorite DS games into English

"Motto! Stitch! DS: Rhythm de Rakugaki Daisakusen ♪ (もっと!スティッチ!DS リズムでラクガキ大作戦♪, literally More! Stitch! DS: Great Mission to Doodle in Rhythm ♪), unofficially known outside of Japan as Disney Stitch Jam 2, is a rhythm video game and the sequel to Disney Stitch Jam. This game features the same gameplay as its prequel and has more new features, characters, and experiments. This game runs on a modified version of its prequel's engine. Players can enjoy the rhythmic action of Stitch, who has a magic microphone [*I translated it as lightstick, but I'm looking for a better name for the device] that can draw his drawings on the air for decorations and traveling. Players can also dress up characters like Stitch and Angel." - Disney Wikia

So far I have translated the entire story mode portion of the game, and translation of graphics is now underway after I put this project on pause. Currently the patch is at version 0.5 and more information can be found below. Version 1 of the patch (when released) will contain translated in game graphics, and at least 90% of the menu translated.

Translation Progress:
In-game graphics: 10%
In-game text: 100%
Menu graphics: 0%
Menu text: 65%
Tutorial text: 0% (I have no idea where it is located)

Happy gaming!

Update 4/24:
I found a game breaking bug in level 3 that has been fixed. Also fixed a few typos in the dialogue in that level. Potentially this could be polished up a little bit more this coming summer.

Link to the patch
https://mega.nz/file/tFIiiTAD#PROsX_IP3NtUVLk-682kRNP90kdNBdtCAdDOVusgAW4

Last edited by PrayashLand,

TigerTiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice work! :lol:

To change the thread title, you need to report your first post (at the bottom, under Tools > Report) and type what you want a moderator to change the title to.

ewh1uvi.png

• Love
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you're welcome! I'm sure the game will be fully translated by me eventually... I wanna say I'll be done with the last 50% of the story by the end of the year but I honestly can't make any promises :/
Why don't you go to the translation form on here or the discord that they have for help?

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone!
Recently I have been in and out talking to ROM hackers from this site and others trying to translate the sequel of one of my favorite DS games into English

"Motto! Stitch! DS: Rhythm de Rakugaki Daisakusen ♪ (もっと!スティッチ!DS リズムでラクガキ大作戦♪, literally More! Stitch! DS: Great Mission to Doodle in Rhythm ♪), unofficially known outside of Japan as Disney Stitch Jam 2, is a rhythm video game and the sequel to Disney Stitch Jam. This game features the same gameplay as its prequel and has more new features, characters, and experiments. This game runs on a modified version of its prequel's engine. Players can enjoy the rhythmic action of Stitch, who has a magic microphone [*I translated it as lightstick, but I'm looking for a better name for the device] that can draw his drawings on the air for decorations and traveling. Players can also dress up characters like Stitch and Angel." - Disney Wikia

So far I have only been able to edit the main menu text and some of the story since I'm stuck on how to edit the graphics of the game. If anyone knows stuff about DS graphics editing please feel free to message me! Note that I don't have a team helping me (yet? hopefully?), so everything worked on was by me. If you come across any weird translations, please message me to reword a line or object name.

Translation Progress:
In-game graphics: 0%
In-game text: 50%
Menu graphics: 0%
Menu text: 60%
Tutorial text: 0% (I have no idea where it is located)

Screenshots:

I'm working on the game almost every day so I think I should be done with the story portion of the game by the end of January, if not February.

Update: I got burnout and stopped working on the project a few days after posting this thread. I will slowly continue working on this, but now I only plan on translating the story portion of the game and the costumes you can apply to the characters in the menu. Most of the menu text is translated so it shouldn't be too big of a deal if some of it is untranslated in the next update.
Happy gaming!

Link to the patch
https://mega.nz/file/sAIRzAhB#EB9knLISzy8OpND4f44L96h-a94-vcEKAc3eF6fBt40

hey i don't know whether you are active or not anymore??? but i hope you get my comment here, if you really need help still translating this game i highly recommend using Deepl and Yandex translator websites, deepls is good to translate any text that is japanese you just need to be mindful that if the text is in a form of a separated sentence you need to mess with it by pushing back on the japanese text to make it form a proper sentence for deepl can translate it correctly but that's encase it doesn't the first time.
hopefully i made sense here, the second thing is that yandex just like deepl can translate but yandex has a feature that it can translate images from anything, but you need to understand that it does have it's limitation, so far i haven't found any issues on it picking up the words off of my screenshot of my jp game that i am currently been playing a lot. so all you need to is upload the image on the yandex image translator after that there will be an option on the right corner asking you if you want to open it as text - click on that, go through the question for are you a robot at all and then you should be able to get the text off of the image itself for you can then use deepl to translate it properly or yandex if needed be but both translators are different on how they work to translating jp text itself.

i rely on deepl more then anything.

how to get source models from this game and how he take some text and ui images and in witch it extension

first of all i apologize for replying late, i did so because i didn't know how to reply back..because a) i don't know how to get the source of the models, i only know how to dump 3ds game files and using ohana3ds tool to mess with the models theirself from the 3ds game. but other then i don't know much...i only know how to do the 3ds one and switch sadly.
for the rest...uhh wow again you need to dump the ds files..but i don't even know how to do that myself..it's a bit difficult to do..so your best for this type of questions if you need help is to make a post on here which i will be sharing with you how to do so; i'm using my laptop so be easy to screenshot tutorial for you.

• first of all if you are on mobile just scroll up on the page here, and click on the forums, once that is done the forums will take you to a page where it has all these options for pc, consoles, etc, scroll down until you see the Nintendo options then you will notice the nintendo ds, click on it.

tutorial screenshot 1.png

• now that you are there, you will see major posts on here, just click on the 'post a thread' option and bam - another thing those colorful tags that i pointed out on my screenshot are the tag category in which you will find pretty much anything the tag states. - every category on the forums have these tags to make it easier to browse here.

tutorial screenshot 3.png

• alrighty now that you've clicked the 'post a thread' on the nintendo ds forums you will see something called 'prefix above the title option for the post itself. - click on the prefix option to choose the tag in which you want your question to be posted in. - and that is how you post here =O just an example.

tutorial screenshot 4.png

i hope at least helped you out on how to post

PrayashLand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.5 is here! The story mode is completely translated and now the menu and in-game graphics are the only things left! The project should be done by the end of the year ( yes I know a very long time) since I am the only one working on the project. If anyone wants to help let me know!

• Love
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Version 0.5 is here! The story mode is completely translated and now the menu and in-game graphics are the only things left! The project should be done by the end of the year ( yes I know a very long time) since I am the only one working on the project. If anyone wants to help let me know!
that's wonderful news =3!! you could check this discord out they are mostly targeted for translation for gaming in general https://discord.gg/6RtpabT9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr