ROM Hack [WIP] Monster Hunter Double Cross English Translation Project

Kromlech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this patch be using the original MHX translation patch as a base, or MHgen official localization as a base?

For example, monster names, Raizex or Astalos? And so on.

Daidouji

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Will this patch be using the original MHX translation patch as a base, or MHgen official localization as a base?

For example, monster names, Raizex or Astalos? And so on.
Now THIS is a really good question!
I'd love to help but my Japanese is like none =(
I can translate english to spanish xD
I can't wait for this proyect to take off! I'm gonna support it till the end!
Thanks a lot you guys!

Spicy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will your english patch be an executable on the original cia or do I have to install the patched.cia?
Should I hold off playing on the original or can I transfer my save to the english patched game later?

Kromlech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I transferred my original X save file to Generations. Will I be able to transfer my Gen files back to X to transfer it to XX lol
I believe so, but you'll lose whatever DLC was in MHgen that wasn't in MHX, like Marth and Strider. Not sure how well english text (cat names, armor sets) will do in the transfer, either.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe so, but you'll lose whatever DLC was in MHgen that wasn't in MHX, like Marth and Strider. Not sure how well english text (cat names, armor sets) will do in the transfer, either.

Cool. Ill give it a try eventually I guess.

Also my cat was named Dasding in the jap version in the first place in honor of all his great work translating the game the first time around!

Darkdawn665

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will your english patch be an executable on the original cia or do I have to install the patched.cia?
Should I hold off playing on the original or can I transfer my save to the english patched game later?
Hopefully it's a patched cia. That would be amazing if they did that!

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm sure a patched CIA will be floating around, personally would like to see a code.ips patch for Luma like SaltySD to run the patch that way, imagine it will be CIA/NTR though, NTR is great and all but I hate booting it up to play a translation unless I need it for screenshots/capture.

Can't wait to play ;)

Reactions: Darkdawn665

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you part of the team? or just a guess? Because besides Gammoth or Gamuto, the localized names are SOOO bad, Dinovaldo, Raisex, Tamamitsune are far superior than their localized counter parts
I know but it's always better to have continuity than to be correct/cool. Raizex or Dinovaldo would confused a lot of people who never played MHX.

VivreDNA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ヽ(´▽`) ノ english patch... awesome and its based on mh gen... thanks cause i just knew mhx after play mh gen. Thanks so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs