Homebrew Homebrew app [WIP] Launchiine - A Wii U Menu replacement

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
THIS PROJECT IS STILL WORK IN PROCESS AND NOT READY FOR USAGE.

Back in early 2020 I decided to created a Wii U Menu replacement due to various reason (avoid 300 title limit, sorting/search, add homebrew to the menu), but I never finished it. Now with knowledge from the AutobooModule I was finally able to fix applet and game launching, but it's still far from finished. But because I didn't work on it for like 2 years and we now have a way to load it properly (Tiramisu) I decided to make the repository public.

Maybe someone else wants to finish it instead?

Quick overview of the current state:

Known Issues:
  • Random crashes
  • The Keyboard input is implemented, but result is ignored.
  • nn::spm is not initalized and no quick start menu support. For the it's relying on the [AutobootModule](https://github.com/wiiu-env/AutobootModule) doing this.
  • No sound on splash screen.
  • Probably a lot more
TODOs
  • Non-touch controls
  • Sound on splashscreen
  • Folder support
  • Preserve app order after closing/opening launchiine.
  • Display applets like the original Wii U Menu
  • Implement Account selection when no default account is set.
  • Implement update check/no way to update games
  • Properly implement nn::spm and nn:sl (external storage and quick start menu)
  • Fix search
  • Implement all the other stuff the Wii U Menu offers (Account creationg, switching between Accounts, set default account etc.)
  • Implement ways to launch the original Wii U Menu.
Checkout the repository for more information (Usage and build instructions):
https://github.com/wiiu-env/launchiine

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
THIS PROJECT IS STILL WORK IN PROCESS AND NOT READY FOR USAGE.

Back in early 2020 I decided to created a Wii U Menu replacement due to various reason (avoid 300 title limit, sorting/search, add homebrew to the menu), but I never finished it. Now with knowledge from the AutobooModule I was finally able to fix applet and game launching, but it's still far from finished. But because I didn't work on it for like 2 years and we now have a way to load it properly (Tiramisu) I decided to make the repository public.

Maybe someone else wants to finish it instead?

Quick overview of the current state:

Known Issues:
  • Random crashes
  • The Keyboard input is implemented, but result is ignored.
  • nn::spm is not initalized and no quick start menu support. For the it's relying on the [AutobootModule](https://github.com/wiiu-env/AutobootModule) doing this.
  • No sound on splash screen.
  • Probably a lot more
TODOs
  • Non-touch controls
  • Sound on splashscreen
  • Folder support
  • Preserve app order after closing/opening launchiine.
  • Display applets like the original Wii U Menu
  • Implement Account selection when no default account is set.
  • Implement update check/no way to update games
  • Properly implement nn::spm and nn:sl (external storage and quick start menu)
  • Fix search
  • Implement all the other stuff the Wii U Menu offers (Account creationg, switching between Accounts, set default account etc.)
  • Implement ways to launch the original Wii U Menu.
Checkout the repository for more information (Usage and build instructions):
https://github.com/wiiu-env/launchiine
@Maschell I'm just thrilled what you shoot out here :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we have success with docker. I made a mistake last time:

1642636799699.png

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
@Maschell I just posted to the git a suggestion for preserving the app order. You mentioned in comments that the crashes were caused by bugs in GX2. Could launchiine be built without a gui for testing purposes?

dm123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just wondering if one day wiiu can also loading the games directly from something like iso(ps3) or wbfs(wii). Then no annoying installation.:yayu:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maschell , although our compiles of this menu are the same size, there are some differences based on a hex compare. Did you change anything yesterday on the github?

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
@Maschell while looking around Wii U codes and files, have you encountered any way to remove unused Wii U menu pages after it has been created? Once currently available tiles are used, new page is created but then after that game or app is deleted, the page stays. Is there any way to have it so that unused pages are removed?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maschell , I was able to make this men.rpx with docker, but I encountered problems with its dependencies using make. I posted an issue on github. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to make wut and libgui, then put in wut/lib of devkitpro. I was able to get linux to see devkitpro and devkitppc. however, I got an error about the gui as I mentioned in the github issue. I'd like to learn how to build it just for the sake of learning. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water