XP
Country
Germany
I can't find the men.rpx file. Help ..
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

Dude...there is no reason to triple post. The .rpx is there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230211-223823_GitHub.png
    Screenshot_20230211-223823_GitHub.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Haha
Reactions: Blythe93

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the wii u project I've been waiting for! Finally, I can use all of the space on my external drive for wii games and have them all accessible! Thank you so much for your hard work! I can't wait to see what this looks like on release!
launchiine does not enable fat32 or unsupported modules even though wii vc is a great option it would be nice if such formats got better support with injected drivers

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This project is very cool. What I’ve been wanting to do to circumvent the limit is something kind of similar to 3DSBank. If you don’t know, 3DS has the same 300 game limit, and to circumvent it you have to go into 3DSBank and switch home screens by switching the Nintendo 3DS Folder. wanted to do a system where I have two separate hard drives. Then I plug them both into a USB switch. So when I want to switch “Home Menus” I would turn off the Wii U, press the button on my USB switch, then turn the Wii U back on. Does anyone have thoughts on whether this would work? I remember I tried switching hard drives once to test something unrelated and the home menu layout got reset. So if that happens this wouldn’t be worth it. I’d also have to see about finding hard drives that don’t need a Y cable for this to really work

If this project does become more usable within a year or so I guess I probably won’t need to worry about any of this though lol

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
THIS PROJECT IS STILL WORK IN PROCESS AND NOT READY FOR USAGE.

Back in early 2020 I decided to created a Wii U Menu replacement due to various reason (avoid 300 title limit, sorting/search, add homebrew to the menu), but I never finished it. Now with knowledge from the AutobooModule I was finally able to fix applet and game launching, but it's still far from finished. But because I didn't work on it for like 2 years and we now have a way to load it properly (Tiramisu) I decided to make the repository public.

Maybe someone else wants to finish it instead?

Quick overview of the current state:

Known Issues:
  • Random crashes
  • The Keyboard input is implemented, but result is ignored.
  • nn::spm is not initalized and no quick start menu support. For the it's relying on the [AutobootModule](https://github.com/wiiu-env/AutobootModule) doing this.
  • No sound on splash screen.
  • Probably a lot more
TODOs
  • Non-touch controls
  • Sound on splashscreen
  • Folder support
  • Preserve app order after closing/opening launchiine.
  • Display applets like the original Wii U Menu
  • Implement Account selection when no default account is set.
  • Implement update check/no way to update games
  • Properly implement nn::spm and nn:sl (external storage and quick start menu)
  • Fix search
  • Implement all the other stuff the Wii U Menu offers (Account creationg, switching between Accounts, set default account etc.)
  • Implement ways to launch the original Wii U Menu.
Checkout the repository for more information (Usage and build instructions):
https://github.com/wiiu-env/launchiine
@Maschell
This is really cool because launchiine, it looks like loadiine in its interface, this shows that in the future it would be able to put themes and songs in the menu, just like loadiine.

I can't forget to tell you this tip here, in the latest version launched in 2022 of launchiine, using an SD card formatted in fat32 with 64k clutters, launchiine works perfectly without crashing randomly, and on top of that everything loads faster, the Games open faster and close faster too, the only bad thing about it is that the pro controller doesn't work to navigate its menu and to navigate it you have to tap the icon at least to be able to move through the controller's commands, just That's it, I believe the interface will get even better in the future.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
probably a fake sd card

probably a fake sd card
That's not it, my friend, and at the time of loadiine GX2 mod Y or any other older version, Zelda Breath of the Wild had problems with the loader, it took a long time even if you were using a fat32 SD with 64k clutter, the game took a long time to load, something that didn't happen in the method to install on a USB with wupinstaller, in other words, it was an error with the gx2 loadiine.

cakelover4578

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's not it, my friend, and at the time of loadiine GX2 mod Y or any other older version, Zelda Breath of the Wild had problems with the loader, it took a long time even if you were using a fat32 SD with 64k clutter, the game took a long time to load, something that didn't happen in the method to install on a USB with wupinstaller, in other words, it was an error with the gx2 loadiine.
maybe because it's a loader and sd card's aren't as fast as external hard drives

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
maybe because it's a loader and sd card's aren't as fast as external hard drives
That's not why, it's because the loadiine gx2 is an abandoned loader that no longer has updates. I know this because if you use a USB with an SD adapter and use it as a USB on the Wiiu to format it and install the games, it will work normally when you buy it. since the whole problem with loaders taking a long time in zelda was something to do with the loadiine.

cakelover4578

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's not why, it's because the loadiine gx2 is an abandoned loader that no longer has updates. I know this because if you use a USB with an SD adapter and use it as a USB on the Wiiu to format it and install the games, it will work normally when you buy it. since the whole problem with loaders taking a long time in zelda was something to do with the loadiine.
true, i only use loadiine to see if a game is good

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
true, i only use loadiine to see if a game is good
It's better to buy a hdd or ssd and use it on your wiiu so you can play the games better. This zelda Breath of the Wild doesn't work well in loadiine, even some effect beds don't appear when you play on it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome