Homebrew [WIP] installMii - Graphical repository downloader

Where homebrew descriptions should be loaded from?

• From the related smdh file

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • From the repo package list (aka packages.json)

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simonepsp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep same here, as soon as it loads, red bottom screen of death. (n3ds)
How long does it lasts? I've noticed the same problem but that red screen disappears in about 1 second and then installMii loads fine.

I've tested it on my 2DS and my old 3DS XL
I'll investigate this problem...

HappyzLife

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everytime i launch it, it give me a yellow screen :/
(o9.2E - homehax)
EDIT:
Can you tell me if the syntax is correct? And how can i add the file called CHMM2.xml to the info?
packages.json in the root
{
"repo": {
"name": "HappyzRepo",
"author": "HappyzLife",
"website": null
},
"packages": [
{
"name": "3DS Craft",
"author": "smea",
"short_description": "WoW! Minecraft for 3DS",
"category": "games",
"website:": null,
"type": "3ds",
"version": "1.0.1",
"dl_path": "3ds/3dscraft/",
"info_path": "3ds/3dscraft/3dscraft.smdh"
},
{
"name": "CHMM2",
"author": "Rinnegatamante",
"short_description": "Custom Home Menu Manager 2",
"category": "games",
"website:": null,
"type": "3ds",
"version": "2.2",
"dl_path": "3ds/CHMM2/",
"info_path": "3ds/CHMM2/CHMM2.smdh"
"i need to put another one file": "3ds/CHMM2/CHMM2.xml"
}
]
}

package.list in *\3ds\CHMM2
CHMM2.3dsx
CHMM2.smdh
CHMM2.xml
3d/3d.txt

Last edited by HappyzLife,

simonepsp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can you tell me if the syntax is correct? And how can i add the file called CHMM2.xml to the info?
Yes, sintax is correct. Remember to compact it (it has to be all on the same line) using a tool like http://jsoneditoronline.org/
package.list should contain the list of files used by the homebrew. So CHMM2.xml should be put there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah I got the same model. I wonder if that only happens in N3DS
Yes, it's seems to be related to N3DS and unfortunately I don't have one to investigate the issue.
I'll update the community once I discover something about.

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working on my 2ds :)!
Very cool stuff, love the UI so far.

When its possible to install .cia files will you also be releasing a .cia version of installmii for emuNAND? I can see this becoming a lot like cydia for the iphone once .cia installing become a thing :3

Last edited by Coleman_C18,

simonepsp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Working on my 2ds :)!
Very cool stuff, love the UI so far.

When its possible to install .cia files will you also be releasing a .cia version of installmii for emuNAND? I can see this becoming a lot like cydia for the iphone once .cia installing become a thing :3
Yes, installMii will be able to install .cia packages in the emuNAND. I'll also release a .cia version of installMii.
But, unfortunately, I don't currently have an ETA for this feature :)

Last edited by simonepsp,

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there any source code to browse? I'm really curious abouth this software (and about the red screen bug on n3ds! Which seems so strange)

simonepsp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there any source code to browse? I'm really curious abouth this software (and about the red screen bug on n3ds! Which seems so strange)
The project is currently closed source. I'll probably publish the source code at a later time.
The red screen bug isn't probably caused by installMii but by a library-related problem. I've discovered similar cases on other forums...even with different homebrews!

I've sent a solution to @BurningDesire and I'm waiting for his response :) If it works, I'll publish this fix.

Reactions: leerz

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The project is currently closed source. I'll probably publish the source code at a later time.
The red screen bug isn't probably caused by installMii but by a library-related problem. I've discovered similar cases on other forums...even with different homebrews!

I've sent a solution to @BurningDesire and I'm waiting for his response :) If it works, I'll publish this fix.
You mean a solution (hopefully) for the red screen on N3DS?
Also, does this work to download the latest RetroArch 3DSX builds? :O

simonepsp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by simonepsp,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance for this to work directly with a github repo? Or a way to implement plugins for it so we can add optional github support to it?

(I don't mean this for the sources, just grabbing things on a "bin" folder on a github)

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
D

Deleted User

What language is this written in, out of curiosity? I'd be willing to learn in order to try helping iron out some bugs (assuming you'd be willing to share your source). :)

(EDIT: Assuming it's C++ or LUA since, you know, there is a big sticky on how to get started with homebrew development at the top of this subforum... derp. At least I know C and C++ relatively well!)

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

@Damian666 he told me it's because the Json parser can't deal with new lines on 3DS or something similar. He said he'd fix it in the future.

Is it bad that I want to rewrite the JSON parser to be more powerful upon hearing this? :P I wonder why it doesn't handle newlines....

In any case, this utility seems massively useful. I wonder if, after it is more mature, it could be integrated directly into the HBL. Imagine having a tabbed interface with a sortable menu, one for installed homebrew and another for homebrew on the repo you're pointing at.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: