ROM Hack [WIP] Paragon (Fire Emblem Fates)

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So I've been messing with the Awakening Ch11 script file, trying to see if I had done something wrong to cause Ch12 not to load - what I found was that if I did no edits to the original file and had Fates Script compile it, Ch12 still wouldn't load. So I'm guessing that maybe something with the compilation doesn't jive with Awakening, and works well enough that the events play but the next chapter doesn't load.

Now, what has me completely baffled is that I have a file where I edited Chrom's auto-marriage proposal to have M!Robin and Gaius, and that works perfectly fine. The event plays with no problem, and Ch12 loads successfully. Here's the file if you're interested, I have absolutely no clue why this one works when nothing else will.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been messing with the Awakening Ch11 script file, trying to see if I had done something wrong to cause Ch12 not to load - what I found was that if I did no edits to the original file and had Fates Script compile it, Ch12 still wouldn't load. So I'm guessing that maybe something with the compilation doesn't jive with Awakening, and works well enough that the events play but the next chapter doesn't load.

Now, what has me completely baffled is that I have a file where I edited Chrom's auto-marriage proposal to have M!Robin and Gaius, and that works perfectly fine. The event plays with no problem, and Ch12 loads successfully. Here's the file if you're interested, I have absolutely no clue why this one works when nothing else will.
Its odd that a recompiled version of the chapter 11 script isn't working for you. I don't have a save to test it on right now, but the script recompiles perfectly for me - comparing the recompiled version against the original in a hex editor shows no differences between the files. Given that the files are exactly the same, I'm not even sure how the script could prevent the next chapter from loading.

Are you running anything else that modifies either chapter 11 or chapter 12? Also, which version of Fates Script are you using to compile your scripts?

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Its odd that a recompiled version of the chapter 11 script isn't working for you. I don't have a save to test it on right now, but the script recompiles perfectly for me - comparing the recompiled version against the original in a hex editor shows no differences between the files. Given that the files are exactly the same, I'm not even sure how the script could prevent the next chapter from loading.

Are you running anything else that modifies either chapter 11 or chapter 12? Also, which version of Fates Script are you using to compile your scripts?
Welp, I think I just figured out why it wasn't working. When I compiled the file, I changed the name, and that messed something up. I'm mad at myself for being an idiot, but at least it works now.

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Added my BCSAR editor, BCSAR View, to the main post. You should be able to insert new sounds into the base game using this program (including voice sets), though you need a certain set of tools to do so. I don't have much more to say on it right now since I'm pretty burnt out from working on it. The download link's in the main post under "Other Tools".

Sorry to bother you, but I can't seem to add a WARC into a BCSAR. Even after I select a WARC file and a Player, pressing "Insert" does nothing. I also tried adding a WSD and bconf but I got the same results. Nothing happens in the "Available" and "Selected" columns. I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Though I do find that dumping works great, since you can dump the sounds of just one character unlike Soneek's old tool.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bother you, but I can't seem to add a WARC into a BCSAR. Even after I select a WARC file and a Player, pressing "Insert" does nothing. I also tried adding a WSD and bconf but I got the same results. Nothing happens in the "Available" and "Selected" columns. I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Though I do find that dumping works great, since you can dump the sounds of just one character unlike Soneek's old tool.
PM me and I'll walk you through the process.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

ManaketeShifter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whew, this tool's gonna be super useful for me. I'm new onto the scene (introduced to Fates hacks by the Gay Fates hack) and I'd love to try it all out...
But there does seem to be a problem. I launch FEFEditor, go to FEFNightmare, and load up my file... And nothing happens; it loads up the file but doesn't give me any options, even when I manually open the module:
WTMST7eQT5iCAk3-mk4Xjw.png

As shown in the image, I have the Save and Close options, but nothing's loading up in the actual editor. I've tried using older versions of FEFNightmare, and it loaded up the file just fine and let me edit it, but the actual changes, after saving, do not take effect in the actual game- I've ran through the Laslow/Odin S Support with Laslow's gender flag switched about 20 times in the past 12 hours and still no paralogue prompts.

How do I fix this? Is it something to do with my Java, is my computer just not compatible, etc...?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whew, this tool's gonna be super useful for me. I'm new onto the scene (introduced to Fates hacks by the Gay Fates hack) and I'd love to try it all out...
But there does seem to be a problem. I launch FEFEditor, go to FEFNightmare, and load up my file... And nothing happens; it loads up the file but doesn't give me any options, even when I manually open the module:
WTMST7eQT5iCAk3-mk4Xjw.png

As shown in the image, I have the Save and Close options, but nothing's loading up in the actual editor. I've tried using older versions of FEFNightmare, and it loaded up the file just fine and let me edit it, but the actual changes, after saving, do not take effect in the actual game- I've ran through the Laslow/Odin S Support with Laslow's gender flag switched about 20 times in the past 12 hours and still no paralogue prompts.

How do I fix this? Is it something to do with my Java, is my computer just not compatible, etc...?
To get the modules to show up, go into the options menu and set the module path to the modules folder that comes with FEFEditor.

To be honest, I don't know if tweaking a bit flag in this editor will affect recruited characters on an existing save. Usually you'd have to edit the character's data in your save. If you want to test whether or not changes you make in FEFNightmare show up in game, I'd try modifying something besides a bitflag. Changing the amiibo chapters to paralogues would be a pretty easy way to test whether or not the changes you made actually take effect.

ManaketeShifter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To get the modules to show up, go into the options menu and set the module path to the modules folder that comes with FEFEditor.

To be honest, I don't know if tweaking a bit flag in this editor will affect recruited characters on an existing save. Usually you'd have to edit the character's data in your save. If you want to test whether or not changes you make in FEFNightmare show up in game, I'd try modifying something besides a bitflag. Changing the amiibo chapters to paralogues would be a pretty easy way to test whether or not the changes you made actually take effect.

Yeah, it seems it doesn't affect old saves, I'm working on switching the amiibo thing now, if it doesn't work I'll start a new file. Thanks so much!

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 4 is here! These are the new additions:
  • Added a new editor for IndirectSound.bin
  • Added FaceData modules and injectors for both Awakening and Fates.
  • Added a new AID injector based off of Azama's AID.
  • Added a new module for editing castle_building.bin
  • Added a new control to FEFNightmare for viewing labels in place of pointer values. Here's a demonstration.
You can find the download link in the main post.

GermanTacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you keep this up, in a couple more updates it'll just have 'Entire Game Injector'. Keep up the good work!

(Now to figure out how the Class Injector and Character Injector work...)

Last edited by GermanTacos,

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I'd like to add a couple more tutorials in the next update. Does anyone have something specific that they'd like to see a tutorial for?

GermanTacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I'd like to add a couple more tutorials in the next update. Does anyone have something specific that they'd like to see a tutorial for?
Most of the injectors probably need tutorials, and maybe a table of all the different flags that apply to either weapons, classes, or characters would be useful? IE the flag that makes Steel Swords have -3 Speed, or stuff like that.

I was going to say a noob friendly tutorial to things like character pointers or face pointers, but it looks like that's already been helped with the 'showing names in place of pointers' option.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Most of the injectors probably need tutorials, and maybe a table of all the different flags that apply to either weapons, classes, or characters would be useful? IE the flag that makes Steel Swords have -3 Speed, or stuff like that.

I was going to say a noob friendly tutorial to things like character pointers or face pointers, but it looks like that's already been helped with the 'showing names in place of pointers' option.
Most of this stuff is in the wiki for the FEFatesTools repo that has the original nightmare modules.

Furthermore, going to each module's subpage has a table with what each bitflag is.

ManaketeShifter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm.... Maybe a more thorough tutorial on character AIDs? I had trouble finding what I needed (and later discovered something really weird happened to my character). And maybe a bit of a clearup on how to include the hacked AIDs in the game. I might just be a bit dense, but yeah.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Speaking of AIDs, when a regular non JID related AID ends, the last 4 bytes are in fact NOT the hair color, there are 4 bytes after it, this is a float 32 big endian value, and guess what it is?

Here's an example from SoV, Faye's AID ends with the value 0x8FC2753F
This being big endian means, the actual value is 0x3f75c28f

And if you run that through a calculator from float32 hex to regular decimal values, we get;
KU3LagJ.png

aka how the game decides the size of which to scale the models for this character.

In that same vein, the Jakob AID injector is partially wrong, the Jakob JID block does not have 3 sets of 4 bytes, but rather, the first 4 are these bytes that belong to the AID.

JID Bitflags (1)
HEXA E4EEFB00
NULL

I believe this is actually skin color, not JID bitflags, not too sure but this is definitely a color value.

JID Bitflags (2)
HEXA 14AE873F
NULL

THIS is the last 4 bytes of the regular AID, this is the float32 model scale size, using the Faye example from above;
14AE873F = 3F87AE14
Running that through a calculator we get
ZGtPQhy.png

Meaning Jakob is a tad bigger than the default model size.

JID Bitflags (3)
HEXA 1A060000
NULL

THIS is where the JID bitflags actually start, I've made a few of my own injectors and I can say with confidence this is the bitflags I used to inject JIDs for a video I recently showcased where I gave a few people class unique models/palettes using an AID injector.

blaaazedyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i'm pretty new to this stuff. I tried searching for the thing i'm going to ask about but was unable to find anything that would be helpful to a noob like me. Anyways, the question is how would I go about Swapping out Characters from Birthright to Conquest or vice versa? The mod I saw from @DeathChaos25 sparked my interest. I only want to switch out a select few though, not the whole roster.

GermanTacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i'm pretty new to this stuff. I tried searching for the thing i'm going to ask about but was unable to find anything that would be helpful to a noob like me. Anyways, the question is how would I go about Swapping out Characters from Birthright to Conquest or vice versa? The mod I saw from @DeathChaos25 sparked my interest. I only want to switch out a select few though, not the whole roster.
Using FEFNightmare, go to 'Character' and go to the character you want to replace (for example, if you wanted Charlotte to take Rinkah's place, you would go to Rinkah's character block), and put in Charlotte's ID in 'Replace this character'.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Using FEFNightmare, go to 'Character' and go to the character you want to replace (for example, if you wanted Charlotte to take Rinkah's place, you would go to Rinkah's character block), and put in Charlotte's ID in 'Replace this character'.
Uh, I would strongly suggest against doing this in GameData.bin.lz, not only will this cause issues with other saves, but that's not even how I did the replacements.

This video covers how to add new units to a map, if you wanted to replace someone just delete their spawn data;

Reactions: FlappyFalco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1