ROM Hack [WIP] Paragon (Fire Emblem Fates)

Frost_Aura

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I just got into Fates modding, and I'm not totally sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but everything is just blank on the tool. Can someone please help me with this?

EDIT: Yeah, sorry for being an idiot. I assumed that the tool would be in the white space. Sorry again.

Attachments

• Screenshot (21).png
    Screenshot (21).png
    10 KB · Views: 481
Last edited by Frost_Aura,

Ishtiaq1234

What exactly should i write here?
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just got into Fates modding, and I'm not totally sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but everything is just blank on the tool. Can someone please help me with this?

EDIT: Yeah, sorry for being an idiot. I assumed that the tool would be in the white space. Sorry again.
open the file you want to edit maybe:unsure:

rambon99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyo, I'm having trouble using the Person Editor. Whenever I have to try to add the new block or hit save, the block that's selected disappears (It's still there but all the values turn blank, it just looks like white space) and it only allows me to export if there are no new blocks. Do you know what might be causing this?

EDIT: Never really found out what was wrong with my Person Editor. I just downloaded the first version and used that instead

Last edited by rambon99,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posting this message here since TomboyGamerXL can't seem to:

Hi everyone, noob question here:

I noticed when looking on GBATemp that there is a program called FEFEditor that can edit character models. So far, I noticed it’s used to create custom units so I was curious whether it was possible to edit models and change color of armor, for example: making a reclassed Wyvern Lord Camilla have purple armor instead of blue or altering Shigure’s hair color?

Any information on tutorial is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Insertology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to make every playable character be a villager. Just to make things a little spicy. I'm really only editing the birthright side of things and leaving Azura, Corrin, and Felicia alone (though i dont think it matters). So, I change all the base classes to villager in the game data using FEFnightmare. I did my edits and whatnot and placed my edited GameData.bin.lz file into luma. I load the game up, but nothing has changed. The file is for sure loaded, but what did I miss? I'm clueless. Do I have to change any IDs or something?

Last edited by Insertology,

rambon99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to make every playable character be a villager. Just to make things a little spicy. I'm really only editing the birthright side of things and leaving Azura, Corrin, and Felicia alone (though i dont think it matters). So, I change all the base classes to villager in the game data using FEFnightmare. I did my edits and whatnot and placed my edited GameData.bin.lz file into luma. I load the game up, but nothing has changed. The file is for sure loaded, but what did I miss? I'm clueless. Do I have to change any IDs or something?

Here's some stuff that might help you with your problem.

1. Are you using just Luma or are you also using NTR CFW? If you're just using NTR CFW, remember to have the fefatesSE folder as well as the plugin folder in your SD card's root, and start the NTR CFW app. You'll know the cheat worked if the screen flashed green. If you're just using Luma make sure to have your folder name be the correct region and game number, as well as be in the correct folder (inside luma and titles, note that it's not 'title' but 'titles'). Also note that for both version you can't just put GameData.bin.lz in and call it quits. GameData needs to be in the GameData folder (inside the romfs folder if using Luma.)
2. How far into the game did you get into to see if the change had really worked? In the first two chapters of the game no one is going to be different because the characters in those chapters are different from the characters you actually get later on. So if you change Sakura in GameData.bin to be a villager, Sakura in chapter 1 is not going to be a villager because the game calls on a different Sakura. Since you also didn't change Corrin or Felicia (And presumably Gunter), then you wouldn't see a change until chapter (when you get Rinkah and Kaze).
3. Sometimes the game calls on extra characters depending on the route you're playing on. (For example, the Hana you get in Birthright and the Hana you get in Revelations are two different characters, with different stats as well.) For Birthright, these extra characters are stored in the A_HANDOVER.bin file inside GameData/Persons. I don't know these characters work exactly though, so you might not have to change them.

Insertology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's some stuff that might help you with your problem.

1. Are you using just Luma or are you also using NTR CFW? If you're just using NTR CFW, remember to have the fefatesSE folder as well as the plugin folder in your SD card's root, and start the NTR CFW app. You'll know the cheat worked if the screen flashed green. If you're just using Luma make sure to have your folder name be the correct region and game number, as well as be in the correct folder (inside luma and titles, note that it's not 'title' but 'titles'). Also note that for both version you can't just put GameData.bin.lz in and call it quits. GameData needs to be in the GameData folder (inside the romfs folder if using Luma.)
2. How far into the game did you get into to see if the change had really worked? In the first two chapters of the game no one is going to be different because the characters in those chapters are different from the characters you actually get later on. So if you change Sakura in GameData.bin to be a villager, Sakura in chapter 1 is not going to be a villager because the game calls on a different Sakura. Since you also didn't change Corrin or Felicia (And presumably Gunter), then you wouldn't see a change until chapter (when you get Rinkah and Kaze).
3. Sometimes the game calls on extra characters depending on the route you're playing on. (For example, the Hana you get in Birthright and the Hana you get in Revelations are two different characters, with different stats as well.) For Birthright, these extra characters are stored in the A_HANDOVER.bin file inside GameData/Persons. I don't know these characters work exactly though, so you might not have to change them.

1. I'm using Luma with sighax CFW. (i do have ntr but i just use luma patching). I'm using the SE Fire Emblem and my path is luma\titles\0004000000179800\romfs\GameData\GameData.bin.lz Everything is alright with that.

2. Chapter 7. Passed all the tutorial stuff.

3. And yeah, I'm just using Birthright, so I don't know how much use that would give me.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I'm using Luma with sighax CFW. (i do have ntr but i just use luma patching). I'm using the SE Fire Emblem and my path is luma\titles\0004000000179800\romfs\GameData\GameData.bin.lz Everything is alright with that.

3. And yeah, I'm just using Birthright, so I don't know how much use that would give me.
@DeathChaos25 knows a bit more about this than I do, but I think some characters use different files when they are recruited. That might be the problem.

rambon99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you remember to turn on game patching in the Luma menu?

Also, as I said my last post that some characters get recruited from Handovers (In birthright from A_HANDOVER.bin specifically) so changing them might change them in your game (I know specifically that Hana and Subika in chapter 7 get recruited from Handover). Changing them is the same process as changing the characters in GameData.bin. This doesn't explain why Kaze, Rinkah and Sakura are the same though. (Did you start in branch of fate, maybe?)

Reactions: Omegablu

Insertology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Also, as I said my last post that some characters get recruited from Handovers (In birthright from A_HANDOVER.bin specifically) so changing them might change them in your game (I know specifically that Hana and Subika in chapter 7 get recruited from Handover). Changing them is the same process as changing the characters in GameData.bin. This doesn't explain why Kaze, Rinkah and Sakura are the same though. (Did you start in branch of fate, maybe?)

Man, if it's because I started in branch of fate, idk dude. Alright, I guess I should try from chapter 1. And yeah, patching is on.

EDIT: Yeah, branch of fate wasn't the prob. When I get the chance, I'll edit that handover file.

Insertology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

So, I also checked the A_HANDOVER.bin.lz file. And it only gives me these characters when I go to the character tab. This was in the romfs\GameData\Person directory.

Edit: No clue why it sent 3 of the same pictures lol. Just uh, ignore it i suppose.

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-24_20-16-43.png
    upload_2018-1-24_20-16-43.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 342
  • upload_2018-1-24_20-18-11.png
    upload_2018-1-24_20-18-11.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 285
  • upload_2018-1-24_20-18-34.png
    upload_2018-1-24_20-18-34.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 311

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Jakob, Felicia and Gunter join in Chapter 2.
Rinkah and Kaze join in Chapter 4.
Sakura and Azura join in Chapter 5.

If a character has already joined you once, the game will store their data in the save data, and will ignore any gamedata changes the next time they rejoin, because they are joining from the saved data, not as new units.

Both Hana and Subaki are Handover blocks in BR, their data can be found in romfs/GameData/Person/A_HANDOVER.bin.lz

Insertology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jakob, Felicia and Gunter join in Chapter 2.
Rinkah and Kaze join in Chapter 4.
Sakura and Azura join in Chapter 5.

If a character has already joined you once, the game will store their data in the save data, and will ignore any gamedata changes the next time they rejoin, because they are joining from the saved data, not as new units.

Both Hana and Subaki are Handover blocks in BR, their data can be found in romfs/GameData/Person/A_HANDOVER.bin.lz

So I would assume that the next newcomers after Chapter 7 would be the villager class? And for the others, I guess I'll use a save editor to just change their class.

Insertology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so, after a little bit of investigating, the patch did work. Just some characters are bound to their classes so I'd just need to use a save editor. Thanks for helping Rambon, Omegablu, and DeathChaos. You've been very helpful and I appreciate it. *yay im so glad it workkkssssss*

decosan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you change a character's name and which portraits they use? I've injected a new character and she appears as the right class and level (with a temporary AID) but as a nameless outrealmer, and I can't figure out how to change this. I've already injected custom portraits.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm really new to FE hacking.

EDIT: So I have the name fixed, but the portrait now only shows up on the stat screen you see when you click the zoom icon. On the inventory screen itself, there's no portrait at all, not even the outrealmer. I can't link to a picture for some reason, but the space where the portrait should be is blank.

Last edited by decosan,

sniper_zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I gave Xander a unique model for the Hero class using this editor but how do I get rid of the Hero shield on his shoulder and replace it with his Paladin shield?

mE4v0jXh.jpg

mE4v0jX

decosan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't post a picture due to being a new member, but I solved my problem! I recompiled all the .arc files and started the process over with a clean facedata.bin.lz and the portraits now show up perfectly.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Life's been busy, so I haven't been able to work on FEFEditor over the past few months. I'm not ready to start active development again, but I've got a small update prepared.

FEFEditor Update 5-2
  • New modules for injecting character AIDs, weapon models, animations, and more. Thanks @DeathChaos25!
  • Added a method for adding individual voice sets through the IndirectSound Editor.
  • FEFNightmare now supports editing blocks with multiple entries in pointer two. This allows for things like animation injectors.
  • A couple minor bug fixes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉