[WIP] Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by DarkSynopsis, Jul 7, 2017.

1. DarkSynopsis
    OP

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    [​IMG]
    (Japanese to English)​

Recently took a look at Fate/kaleid, I had taken a quick look in the past and got no where but with new tools like Kuriimu I figured it was worth a shot! Kuriimu opened up the .arc files no problems and editing/importing images is a breeze!

I had hoped most of the Main Menu and stuff was actually images like I've seen in past games, thought a menu translation would be nice but that wasn't the case, most of the text is actually in .lua files, spent the past week working out how to get the text out and injecting in new text! which I've seemed to work out now! so I have various menus translated.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Most of the text was loosely translated with *shudders* Google Translate, but it should be fine with simple menu stuff, next up we have the story! now this isn't something I will touch since its not something I can translate but its possible to do so!

At first I was worried the character limit was going to screw the possibility, 29 top line and 28 bottom but a bit more poking around and managed to decrease the font size allowing for more characters! though it would be best to try keep as few characters as possible as to not make the size too small since it affects all story related text.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now... for the main reason I'm even making this post.

Help Needed!
    Translating is not a skill set I have, curious if anyone would be interested in translating, at the very least getting the card list with its name and descriptions done along with the tutorial to make the game a bit more playable but at the end of the day full story translation would be nice.

I would be doing all the actual text injection stuff myself since my tools for doing so are not user friendly at all, I have however been toying with a web frontend (still WIP) that contains all the story text and input boxes to "submit" translations so if you can translate you'd just need a web browser!

[​IMG]

If there is any interest, drop me a PM, would need to get an account setup on the site to access all the text.

Now with that section out of the way, lets attach a v0!

I believe all the Menus are translated along with the odd image here or there, if no translators are interested this is most likely where this translation stays, I may get around to some of the text/images I've missed that are simple translations.

I'm mainly posting in its current state to gauge interest since I know the game wasn't received well and I can see why with the brief time I've spent playing but I like everything Fate so took a look at it anyway.

Using v0 requires Luma Game Patching, should just be a matter of dropping the luma folder on your SD card.

Attached Files:

sterob, ossay78, zeldaism and 4 others like this.
  2. NanashiFinal13

NanashiFinal13 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    Argentina
    Hello, can you lend me the file of the font that you reduce? im doing a little experiment and i need a small font

3. DarkSynopsis
    OP

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    The zip should already contain the reduced font size? I believe I uploaded any changes I did.

4. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I was actually thinking about trying to translate this game at one point. I might help out in the future once I get some tools downloaded.

5. NanashiFinal13

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    Argentina
    I dont see the font un the zip

6. NanashiFinal13

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    Argentina
    What is the name of the file font?

7. DarkSynopsis
    OP

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Not so much a font file, I just reduced the size of the text within one the layout files found within one or the arc files, I'll take a look soon and see if I can figure out which file it was :P been awhile since I've touched any of the files for this game.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis, Aug 23, 2017
  8. DarkSynopsis
    OP

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    File to change the font size was "message_window.lua" can be found in "romfs/scripts/drama/object"

Here is the version I used in the screenshot.

If you open with a HEX Editor the edited addresses are.

000013C4 = 48
    000013CD = 54

Those are the original values, I set them to 40 and 46.

Attached Files:

Last edited by DarkSynopsis, Aug 23, 2017
  9. Pokem

Pokem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    OMG THIS JUST REMINDED ME OF THE PRILLYA MOVIE COMING OUT IN LIKE 2 OR 3 DAYS IN JAPAN

10. NanashiFinal13

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    Argentina
    Thank you very much, and great work with the menu translation n.n

11. NanashiFinal13

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    Argentina
    Thank you very much, and great work with the menu translation n.n

12. Narublacking

Narublacking Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2017
    I tried to modify the menu language but it seems that I do not modify the lua files with notepad ++ xD. I hope your translation comes out great

13. DarkSynopsis
    OP

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    I use a HEX Editor myself, the likely reason it didn't work when you made changes is there is a HEX Value in there that wants to know the number of bytes the file string contains, say you change "Story Mode" if its any more or less characters its not going to work since a hex value is set to "0B" or "11" in int8, so Story Mode would = 10 plus there is "00" in HEX after Story Mode, most likely to say its the end of the string which needs to be counted so 11.

[​IMG]
    Quick Image that hopefully makes sense of that, maybe, sure I've not used the right terms but meh...

14. Narublacking

Narublacking Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2017

Attached Files:

• fate.jpg
      fate.jpg
      File size:
      193.5 KB
      Views:
  15. Thunder Kai

Thunder Kai #TeamRem