ROM Hack [WIP] Dragon Quest VIII (8) "Restoration" Project

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm interested in this patch for my legit EUR cartridge copy of the game. I thought there wouldn't be a way for me to do this, since you rarely see patches for cartridges, mostly illegal .cias. So this is a relief. But this does not change the music, does it? I guess I have to apply a different patch for it, where can I find it and can I run both at the same time?

DarkSynopsis

OP
Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand

zeroxros7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Just found this thread and really want to use this to restore the old versions of the outfits on my 3DS copy I just have three questions. First will this work on a USA copy of the game? Second if I put this on the SD card and activate it will it damage my current save file? Third will it cause any sort of problems during gameplay such as freezing the screen, glitching the screen, or any other problems?

Last edited by zeroxros7,

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Just found this thread and really want to use this to restore the old versions of the outfits on my 3DS copy I just have three questions. First will this work on a USA copy of the game? Second if I put this on the SD card and activate it will it damage my current save file? Third will it cause any sort of problems during gameplay such as freezing the screen, glitching the screen, or any other problems?
It will work with any version of the game provided you use Luma's Game Patcher functionality, it won't damage your save and won't cause any glitches. However you need to have Luma CFW for this obviously.

zeroxros7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will work with any version of the game provided you use Luma's Game Patcher functionality, it won't damage your save and won't cause any glitches. However you need to have Luma CFW for this obviously.
Where would I get Luma CFW and how would I use it to install this?

Last edited by zeroxros7,

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to have this active under NTR while playing using Luma 3DS layered FS function? (for the jap.sound files)
Or is there a direct layeredFS folder with the files as I need to put them in the luma titles directory?

Thanks by advance.

edit: tried the above method. My bad.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

Konekogirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems installing it. Do I need to load the game in Luma EU region first then load the game, get the save data then install this pack? cause I have tried to install it and load the game and it keeps saying it can not read the save data please reboot the system and try again. I do get the NTF to flash green so I know that part was working.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems installing it. Do I need to load the game in Luma EU region first then load the game, get the save data then install this pack? cause I have tried to install it and load the game and it keeps saying it can not read the save data please reboot the system and try again. I do get the NTF to flash green so I know that part was working.
Is your save data and game the same region? :unsure:

Konekogirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya I deleted it and re-created it with and it still errored. I am going to reinstall it and try another CIA file.

Konekogirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says An error occcured while the SD card was being written, Please turn the system off and re-insert the SD card. Please Close the software or turn the system off, thats twice now I got that.I set it to EUR too before launching

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says An error occcured while the SD card was being written, Please turn the system off and re-insert the SD card. Please Close the software or turn the system off, thats twice now I got that.I set it to EUR too before launching
Your sd card could be faulty, maybe wanna test it with this. Try this with the sd card, it should tell you if is functioning properly.

http://www.heise.de/ct/Redaktion/bo/downloads/h2testw_1.4.zip

Instructions
  1. Copy h2testw.exe from the h2testw .zip to your desktop
  2. Insert your SD card into your computer
  3. Run h2tsetw.exe
  4. Select “English”
  5. Click “Select target”
  6. Select your SD card’s drive letter
  7. Ensure “all available space” is selected
  8. Click “Write + Verify”
  9. Wait until the process is completed

Site & Scene News