ROM Hack [WIP] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X(Continued)

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes I know but the I need to update each member's deathblow, and sometimes a character has 2 deathblows so it should take the time similar to the names of the characters
don't forget the deathblow in gardroot:rofl2:
lots copy&paste...

the most annoying part... they don't share the same folder and file name...

Silver Evans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the files and put it in the titles folder but the game still has no language changes, help
I had the same issue, but it should be easy to fix. Make sure that game patching is enabled.
If I remember right you should hold Select when you're booting your console. then you can check from there.

Silvor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just wanted to also say thanks so much for working on translating this! :)
It's such a shame this never got localized officially.

kamesenin888

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think so.
MOST file sections in the filearc are lz11 compressed single file + a 8 bytes header "33 44 53 2D 4C 5A 0D 0A" ('3dslz' string and a return code)
and all files are 0x100 or 0x80 aligned (forgot which one it used.)
other than these two, got nothing.
magic search won't work.

take arc4 as an example. it's 400mb in size with thousands sections... magic search? pain in the xxx....
Man just wondering, when you compress to lz11 some files do not get the original size? I wanted to understand a little more about the situation and how could it work, but some files work using lz11 compression but some even unedited gave smaller or larger sizes

Reactions: DarthDub

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man just wondering, when you compress to lz11 some files do not get the original size? I wanted to understand a little more about the situation and how could it work, but some files work using lz11 compression but some even unedited gave smaller or larger sizes
unedit file should gave same output.:huh:

Silvor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just have a question.
Are the capsule skill/hero skill messages supposed to still be in Japanese?
Just making sure I haven't done something wrong as I thought it said 100% of the capsule skills were translated in the OP.

6YWI5K3.jpg

Ywi3Jkn.jpg

Last edited by Silvor,

kamesenin888

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
unedit file should gave same output.:huh:
it happened with the first bcsv in filearc2.bin if I leave it unedit and recompress to lz11 the output is like 1 byte more even though I did not change anything, some files when compressed, specially the smaller ones have no problem whatsoever

I just have a question.
Are the capsule skill/hero skill messages supposed to still be in Japanese?
Just making sure I haven't done something wrong as I thought it said 100% of the capsule skills were translated in the OP.

6YWI5K3.jpg

Ywi3Jkn.jpg

yes those are still untranslated because they are really hard to find and work with because of how the game handles those, as of now it will stay in japanese

Reactions: DarthDub and Silvor

Silvor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yes those are still untranslated because they are really hard to find and work with because of how the game handles those, as of now it will stay in japanese
Ahh I see, thanks for the reply.
I'll just have to use the google translate app on my phone for those messages for now :P

I was also wondering, what does the ips patch actually do?
I'm using the Citra 3DS emulator to run the game and it won't load the game after I've patched it with the ips file. Am i missing something if I'm not using it?

kamesenin888

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh I see, thanks for the reply.
I'll just have to use the google translate app on my phone for those messages for now :P

I was also wondering, what does the ips patch actually do?
I'm using the Citra 3DS emulator to run the game and it won't load the game after I've patched it with the ips file. Am i missing something if I'm not using it?
well the ips patcher what it does is that it modifies the code.bin of the update AFAIK patching it on the fly, but you are missing most of the visual translation like menus and such, to solve your problem you must decompress the game 3ds or cia, and put the files inside each time there is a new patch and then you repack as cia or 3ds, the non cia part of the translation is big and important

Reactions: DarthDub

Silvor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
well the ips patcher what it does is that it modifies the code.bin of the update AFAIK patching it on the fly, but you are missing most of the visual translation like menus and such, to solve your problem you must decompress the game 3ds or cia, and put the files inside each time there is a new patch and then you repack as cia or 3ds, the non cia part of the translation is big and important
That's what I've been doing actually. I just now tried patching the code.bin file instead of the rom and that seemed to work. Didn't notice anything different in the game though. I guess it was just me being stupid, thinking you had to patch the actual rom file with the ips :P

Silvor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
xzzLYJm.jpg

I think I might have found a bug.
When I try to check the info om the H1-58 Cell card the game says I don't have the card.
Unfortunately I don't have the original Japanese 1.3 update so I can't check if it's like this in the untranslated version of the game.

Last edited by Silvor,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzzLYJm.jpg

I think I might have found a bug.
When I try to check the info om the H1-58 Cell card the game says I don't have the card.
Unfortunately I don't have the original Japanese 1.3 update so I can't check if it's like this in the untranslated version of the game.
use freeshop to get the 1.3 patch.:ph34r:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM