Homebrew [WIP] DDLC-3DS

Takeshi666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you a fan of doki doki literature club? Then you would love this port.

created by reddit user u/LukeeGD.

"Hello everyone! I have been making this DDLC port for some time now. I actually started this as a fun joke, and with barely any programming experience at all, but I continued it anyway, and now here it is!

You can only play this version up to the end of Act 1. Also, there may be bugs, errors, and/or crashes that you may encounter.

If you have a 3DS with CFW or access to the homebrew launcher, you will be able to play this port. You can download it here: https://github.com/LukeZGD/DDLC-3DS/releases

I'm planning on continuing to work on this until it is fully playable to the end of the game..." -u/LukeeGD."

and for people worrying about the file manipulation:
"Actually there's a menu implemented in-game where you can manage the files to progress the story and/or trigger events. It will be accessible in all acts."

original post from reddit:here

latest release: V0.1.1

LukeeGD

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I guess I should post updates here.
This one is just a minor update release before I work on Act 2.

v0.1.2 Changes:
  • Poem font fixed
  • Some script errors fixed
  • Slightly better audio looping
  • Other minor changes and improvements

CJGamerXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you a fan of doki doki literature club? Then you would love this port.

created by reddit user u/LukeeGD.

"Hello everyone! I have been making this DDLC port for some time now. I actually started this as a fun joke, and with barely any programming experience at all, but I continued it anyway, and now here it is!

You can only play this version up to the end of Act 1. Also, there may be bugs, errors, and/or crashes that you may encounter.

If you have a 3DS with CFW or access to the homebrew launcher, you will be able to play this port. You can download it here: https://github.com/LukeZGD/DDLC-3DS/releases

I'm planning on continuing to work on this until it is fully playable to the end of the game..." -u/LukeeGD."

and for people worrying about the file manipulation:
"Actually there's a menu implemented in-game where you can manage the files to progress the story and/or trigger events. It will be accessible in all acts."

original post from reddit:here

latest release: V0.1.1

Yo
i deleted monika and got the suicide ending
but everytime i open the game the suicide screen is there.. the game is kind of soft locked

what do i do?

LukeeGD

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
v0.3.0 Changes:
  • Now playable from start to finish! (Acts 1 to 4)
  • Partial Switch compatibility (it was broken in 0.2.x, and I only tested a bit in yuzu)
  • Other minor changes and improvements
Known issues:
  • (3DS) There still may be random crashes... Save often!

Reactions: Cid2mizard

Dr_Mad_Maxwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, I think this is a loooong necroshot, but...

LukeGD, if you're reading this, I installed the latest version of this port on my 3DS via CIA, luma is updated, and I can't load my games. Whenever I go on load game, it goes back to the beginning of the game. What can I too?

WonderSquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm saves are also broken for me as well. Updating to 1.1.9 doesn't work, and the splash screen at startup just says it's 1.1.8.2 again, even with a fresh install. The fact that the game crashes during text skipping or just scrolling too fast combined with the lack of saves/loading means you basically have to play the whole thing in one sitting very slowly and it makes it hard to play at all. Saw something on github about "DDLC-LOVE will no longer be updated." Does that mean this project's just dead?

XanmanAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm saves are also broken for me as well. Updating to 1.1.9 doesn't work, and the splash screen at startup just says it's 1.1.8.2 again, even with a fresh install. The fact that the game crashes during text skipping or just scrolling too fast combined with the lack of saves/loading means you basically have to play the whole thing in one sitting very slowly and it makes it hard to play at all. Saw something on github about "DDLC-LOVE will no longer be updated." Does that mean this project's just dead?
I am also experiencing the same issue.

AAAAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this for my little brother on his Old 2DS and he's reporting that when he closes the game and logs back on, all his saves are deleted. Are there any fixes for this or will I have to homebrew a second DS just for DDLC and have him never close the game? That does seem a bit extreme but he's understandably upset. He got to the first Sayori CG and figured that's a good stopping point. He comes back in, saves are gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls