Homebrew [WIP] ctrmus - Another 3DS Music Player

MaK11-12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
Any estimate on when playlist support will be added? I really want to listen to flac files but I don't want to have to click the next song everytime :(

I'm currently revising for my exams, so I have no time to work on ctrmus or any other projects in the meantime. However, I will be free at the end of May, so check back around then for any updates. :)
I've been meaning to add playlist support for a long time now, but it's quite a large task surprisingly. I'm not porting from another music player, I've been writing this from scratch, for a system I've never developed for before. So making modifications and adding features takes longer.

Sorry, I prefer Nintendo 3DS Sound's GUI.
That's fine. :) ctrmus is just meant to 'work'. I haven't bothered working on a nice GUI as ctrmus is currently missing important features like playlist support. However, @Hayleia has been working on a GUI for ctrmus in a fork called MadCitrus. You can check that out if you want. :)

Last edited by MaK11-12,

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm currently revising for my exams, so I have no time to work on ctrmus or any other projects in the meantime. However, I will be free at the end of May, so check back around then for any updates. :)
I've been meaning to add playlist support for a long time now, but it's quite a large task surprisingly. I'm not porting from another music player, I've been writing this from scratch, for a system I've never developed for before. So making modifications and adding features takes longer.

That's fine. :) ctrmus is just meant to 'work'. I haven't bothered working on a nice GUI as ctrmus is currently missing important features like playlist support. However, @Hayleia has been working on a GUI for ctrmus in a fork called MadCitrus. You can check that out if you want. :)
I'll be looking forward to it.

MaK11-12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
To quash any thoughts that this project is dead, I decided to add OGG Vorbis file support overnight. :rofl:

Version 0.4.12:
  • Add OGG Vorbis file support.
  • Update Opus and mpg123 libraries to their latest version.
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
chart

I understand that playlist support is much more important than OGG Vorbis, but it was a good task to ease me back in to the project. Enjoy.

D

Deleted User

To quash any thoughts that this project is dead, I decided to add OGG Vorbis file support overnight. :rofl:

Version 0.4.12:
  • Add OGG Vorbis file support.
  • Update Opus and mpg123 libraries to their latest version.
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
chart

I understand that playlist support is much more important than OGG Vorbis, but it was a good task to ease me back in to the project. Enjoy.

Reactions: MaK11-12

MaK11-12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
Can you add shuffle and replay options in a future update?
Yes I can. However, the update won't come for a very long time. I'm currently studying, and don't have much time to add new features currently.

I'm having issues getting it to play more than one track at a time.
As in, ctrmus crashes when trying to play a second music track?

Reactions: Joel16

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes I can. However, the update won't come for a very long time. I'm currently studying, and don't have much time to add new features currently.

As in, ctrmus crashes when trying to play a second music track?
No, it just plays one track, and then I have to manually push A to play another track.

D

Deleted User

No, it just plays one track, and then I have to manually push A to play another track.
Hm. If I'm not mistaken, that is the intended behavior. There is no playlist/shuffle/autoplay support (yet). Sorry.

Last edited by ,

MaK11-12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
Yes it's always been like that. I haven't had the time add features like that unfortunately.

Hm. If I'm not mistaken, that is the intended behavior. There is no playlist/shuffle/autoplay support (yet). Sorry.
haha I should be the one apologising! :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.