catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is the project I worked on for about a month, a Minecraft clone for 3DS named Craftus 3DS(the name is pretty stupid, I know). At it's current state it resembles 3DSCraft by smea(in some points it has more features, like e.g. the worldgen) except it lacks of saving and loading the world.

Currently it features infinite world generation, placing and breaking blocks and basic ambient occlusion. It runs on o3DS pretty smooth(45-60 fps) with 3D off, 3D halfes the framerate. The performance is almost completely GPU bound so there is still space for features like crafting.

I'm planning to release soon.

Screenshot:
scr_44_TOP_RIGHT.png

you can find it on Github. An open source license follows with the first binary release.
https://github.com/RSDuck/Craftus3DS

The texturepack is Pixel Perfect by XSSheep, it is licensed under CC-BY-SA

EDIT: I added a new screenshot

Last edited by catlover007,

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im glad someone is working on this because you know smea wont be working on it any time soon. Good luck with the project!

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo! Finally something being worked on. 3DScraft was stripped of anything, Cube creator 3d had terrible controls and field of view with little to no lighting, battleminer wasn't much better (despite infinite worlds)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I goes great, but a little bit slow. I just finished adding a basic light system(like Minecraft classic).

The next feature I'm going to work on is saving and loading the world. And when this works I'm going to release!
this looks like a nice thing to play around with. can't wait for a release to use :)

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I already planned to implement support for Minecraft texture packs.

The folder structure currently used in the romfs is exactly the same as the one in Minecraft resource packs, so at the moment it already has (almost) support for regular resource packs.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
I already planned to implement support for Minecraft texture packs.

The folder structure currently used in the romfs is exactly the same as the one in Minecraft resource packs, so at the moment it already has (almost) support for regular resource packs.
Awesome! Can't wait to see this evolve to a amazing project! :)

If you need some music i'll be glad to help! :D

Reactions: catlover007

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all