1. Nutez

Nutez GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You can find it in AmberLoss's 'Master List' a few pages back.

2. KingB13

KingB13 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hey I can't play a lot of games because my L button is broken, could someone do me an R+Y=L, please?

3. mcaboosec

OP mcaboosec Member
    Newcomer

United States
    New info in the first post!

Zense likes this.
  4. Benja81

Benja81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Trying out now, thanks!

5. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

United States
    I wish to swap L/R and ZL/ZR but only in the Home menu. Is this the right tool to do so?
    If not how should I go about modding the Home menu ?

I just wish to scroll page Left with L and page right with R, instead of ZL/ZR.
    Like they should have made it in the first place imho.
    Thanks.

6. RetroVibz94

RetroVibz94 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So I was making a TN to IPS replacement but in the process I damaged the home button, is it possible to remap the ZR or ZL to be a alternative home button?

7. Monkey_Blue

Monkey_Blue Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    So for some weird reason the only button remapper that's worked for me has been the first one made, B <> A and none of the others work.

I want to change L to D-Left but the one posted here (cesarpk) and all similar versions (Brongus+AlmostBadKoala, SirKyogre_Left, SurpriseTridoron) don't seem to work for some reason. It'll say that it was injected but won't work, even if I turn the 3DS off and on and try it again.

I'm using a New 3DS if that's an issue? I don't think I've done anything wrong, I've just moved the .cia onto my 3DS, installed it via FBI and opened up the software and let it run, closing it with start as it asks.

Although now that I've tried to install other cia's my 3DS doesn't want to put them on the home menu....

8. CyrilCommando

CyrilCommando Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can't speak to the ones posted by other users, but I just used one made with the ButtonSwap3DS Builder tool and it works fine. I swapped my Select to A so I can mash through Stella Glow text without my A button dying.

9. bobdown

bobdown Member
    Newcomer

United States
    And now the neogeo retroarch emulator becomes fully enjoyable ! Thanks you very much ! Great help !
    PS : and the cream would be to have the webapp as a cia app for the 3ds as standalone app :).

Last edited by bobdown, Apr 13, 2020
  10. Aritzen

Aritzen Newbie
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    Hi, I'm Spanish-speaking, But try to ask my question in English, Here it goes, I try to make the D-Pad include the function of the Joystick, But the following happens: When pressing down and left on the D-Pad, It works correctly, Meets the It works as if it were the joystick, but when pressing up and right, it moves down and right, respectively. What do you think this error is due to?

11. Aritzen
    This message by Aritzen has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Jun 23, 2020, Reason: Duplicate.
    Jun 23, 2020
  12. Kaumosk

Kaumosk Newbie
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    Could someone make a mapping of b=r

13. LinuxCat

LinuxCat Member
    Newcomer

France
    sorry if this was already asked, but is there any way of undoing the remap? like, resetting to the default 3ds inputs?

14. OujaMori

OujaMori Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Will it be possible to disable Circle Pad entirely?

My pad is malfunctioning and always downwards. I have replaced the pad and the stick underneath it. No luck. I even removed it, there is still an input being registered.

15. proapc

proapc Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Are there any news on ZL/ZR remapping?

16. Angermnged1000

Newcomer

United States
    can anyone make an L=R R=L mode 3 swap? my r button broke so this would help alot. i tried an old one made in 2017 but that just crashes after a few secs in the home menu or when i try to close the app but maybe it'll work if remade 4 years later?

17. AliasZ50

AliasZ50 Newbie
    Newcomer

Paraguay
    if i understood correctly....... you cannot use the circlepad as the dpad?

18. IrvingDK

IrvingDK Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Bumping this thread. Has anyone figured out a way to map the c stick yet? Some games like spiderman were designed for dual analog sticks and have a manual camera; however, because the cstick isn't used they have the camera controlled with the dpad. Being able to map the cstick to the dpad would make games like this go from unplayable to playable. Also, all these posts about remapping as a workaround for broken buttons, just open the 3ds to repair the button. It's almost always an incredibly easy and quick fix.

19. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
  20. Pablo_CL

Pablo_CL GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    So uh.. (noob question btw) i'm trying to use the website (buttonswap3ds builder) and when i put my button mapping (swapped x and b) and install the cia on my 3ds it just.. does nothing? X is still X and so is b

21. MarioKartFan

MarioKartFan GBAtemp Fan

Algeria
    Honestly, your better choice is to follow the suggestion of the last poster and use rehid. It is amazing.

lone_wolf323 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ButtonSwap3DS, buttons, [WIP]